Hall way ahead of schedule...

BearSox

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

Looks like he can be back in a real soon, which would be huge. If it was me however, I would activate Hall and option Logan to AAA right away. But, I would have Hall be nothing more then the DH. Keep Gustavo to be the backup Catcher. Hall can hit, he has taken numerous batting practice sesions with no pain and can still hit like he used to. But the throwing part is what is scary. And then when Thome comes back, Hall will be able to throw normal, and Gustavo can be sent down.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 5, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)

Looks like he can be back in a real soon, which would be huge. If it was me however, I would activate Hall and option Logan to AAA right away. But, I would have Hall be nothing more then the DH. Keep Gustavo to be the backup Catcher. Hall can hit, he has taken numerous batting practice sesions with no pain and can still hit like he used to. But the throwing part is what is scary. And then when Thome comes back, Hall will be able to throw normal, and Gustavo can be sent down.

Thats great news. I hope he can start getting some AB's soon. We really could use him vs LHP.

Maybe he could just throw it to the pitcher and have him relay it to 2nd on a stolen base attempt.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 5, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)

Gustavo is a wasted roster spot since he never plays. He may as well be demoted now. Boone has been ok. ... The throwing part does worry me, but it is not like A.J. throws out a ton of runners.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 5, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
Gustavo is a wasted roster spot since he never plays. He may as well be demoted now. Boone has been ok. ... The throwing part does worry me, but it is not like A.J. throws out a ton of runners.

I know, but you don't want to risk him making it worse, especially right away. I think it would be best to just see how he progresses over a week or so in side throwing sessions, and when Thome comes back, then demote Gustavo.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 5, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
I know, but you don't want to risk him making it worse, especially right away. I think it would be best to just see how he progresses over a week or so in side throwing sessions, and when Thome comes back, then demote Gustavo.

I will agree only if Boone comes back when Gustavo goes back down ... forever. :)

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 5, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)

They said there was no risk of making it worse, that it was just a matter of playing with the pain and waiting for offseason surgery to correct it.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
They said there was no risk of making it worse, that it was just a matter of playing with the pain and waiting for offseason surgery to correct it.

that kind of sounds like blind optimism...

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 7, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
On the Comcast pe-game yesterday that stated that he will be back in May and may go to a ML destination with Thome later this week.

Hall, Podsednik, and Thome should all be producing for the White Sox June first.

Unless something has changed I don't know about, I think Podsednik by June 1 seems like a big stretch.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 7, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
no pods, i want sweeney to play

Ozzie also just said that if PODS comes back he is batting at the bottom of the order. Why not play sweeney who is a superior defender, and a good bottom of the order hitter instead?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 7, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Ozzie also just said that if PODS comes back he is batting at the bottom of the order. Why not play sweeney who is a superior defender, and a good bottom of the order hitter instead?

Because it makes sense

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 7, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)

I don't think the Sox anticipate Pods being 100 pct healthy again this season. They know he has mental issues dealing with injuries.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
I don't think the Sox anticipate Pods being 100 pct healthy again this season. They know he has mental issues dealing with injuries.

mental issues = groin injuries make him unable to run?