Egbert with another fine outing

caulfield12

And that against a good hitting Tennessee club (as Gio found out). Egbert wasn't missing as many bats as usual, but he kept the ball on the ground for a G/F of, well, you can't divide 15 by zero.

Vasquez pitched 3 hitless innings for Charlotte today. His promotion means Broadway probably is going (or already is) on the DL. Norfolk 3, Charlotte 2

Birmingham's 1-0 loss was one heck of a pitchers' duel. Egbert 6 IP, 1 R, 3 K, 0 BB, 6 hits, 0 flyouts. Day 3 IP, 5 K, 1 hit. In fact Day didn't allow a flyout either, ha! Barons lost 1-0, managing only 3 hits.

Cunningham was 1-4, with a double, a walk, 2 runs, a stolen base, and a strikeout. Tyler Reves was 2-4 with a double and a HR. Hogs won 8-4 behind good bullpen.

Francisco Hernandez went 3-4, upping his average to .348. Brandon Allen added a solo shot, but it wasn't enough as my boy De Los Santos got the loss. Asheville 6, Kanny 4

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 6, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
And that against a good hitting Tennessee club (as Gio found out). Egbert wasn't missing as many bats as usual, but he kept the ball on the ground for a G/F of, well, you can't divide 15 by zero.

I thought you were kidding when you said that. Fifteen groundouts to zero flyouts... amazing.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ May 6, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
Nobody is even talking about him. How good does that trade look with the Cubs right now?

Neal Cotts has been lights out, but I kinda think that is due in part that no one in the NL has really seen him, and second time around the league he won't be so lights out anymore.

Aardsma on the other hand, it doesn't matter. If he can mix up and locate the slider, that fastball is going to look like 105 mph to the hitters. And Vazquez, I am not to excted about because he sucked in ST, but he is doing good in the minors right now.

Speaking of minor league relievers, when will Day get promoted? He is 2-1, with a 2.1-something ERA, but in 16+ innings, he has gotten 33 K's! Averaging 2 K's per inning. I really want to see his Slider because it sounds like a doozey.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neal Cotts has been lights out, but I kinda think that is due in part that no one in the NL has really seen him, and second time around the league he won't be so lights out anymore.

Aardsma on the other hand, it doesn't matter. If he can mix up and locate the slider, that fastball is going to look like 105 mph to the hitters. And Vazquez, I am not to excted about because he sucked in ST, but he is doing good in the minors right now.

Speaking of minor league relievers, when will Day get promoted? He is 2-1, with a 2.1-something ERA, but in 16+ innings, he has gotten 33 K's! Averaging 2 K's per inning. I really want to see his Slider because it sounds like a doozey.

Where's he going to play?

BTW, his name is spelled Vasquez.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)

I know, but true Grinder's spell "Vasquez" with a "Z"... see Javier Vazquez.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)

I know, but true Grinder's spell "Vasquez" with a "Z"... see Javier Vazquez.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)

He has a WHIP of 1.32, he needs more time.