Capn12

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
Good inning by our offense....this isn't even fun to watch.

It's why we're last or next to last in the AL in runs scored over the last 111 games.

And no likelihood of changing anytime soon.

This series in Minnesota might be an elimination series if one of the teams is swept, most likely the White Sox since we play so well up there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
Between the head down, shoulder shrugs and swinging his bat in disgust...man up, Paulie, be the captain!!!

Nobody on this team has me more pissed than Pop Up Paulie and his current 5 year deal. He is supposed to be our most fear hitter right now, yet he isn't much passed Brian Anderson 2006 mode.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
Nobody on this team has me more pissed than Pop Up Paulie and his current 5 year deal. He is supposed to be our most fear hitter right now, yet he isn't much passed Brian Anderson 2006 mode.

I think we all underestimated how much Thome's presence means to the line-up, in terms of OBP and forcing opposing pitchers to throw to Konerko and Dye.

It's no coincidence that we've gone from the #1 offense in baseball to the worst...and a lot of it's directly traceable to Thome's and Pods' health.

It also demonstrates the importance of not developing a power-hitting lefty (Borchard or Sweeney), as we will have to replace Thome after next year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
I think we all underestimated how much Thome's presence means to the line-up, in terms of OBP and forcing opposing pitchers to throw to Konerko and Dye.

It's no coincidence that we've gone from the #1 offense in baseball to the worst...and a lot of it's directly traceable to Thome's and Pods' health.

That makes me think about what happens when Dye and Thome are gone, because Konerko will be here long after both of them. Who will protect Paul then?

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
That makes me think about what happens when Dye and Thome are gone, because Konerko will be here long after both of them. Who will protect Paul then?

Probably Mike Devereaux, Cory Snyder, Ellis Burks, Lyle Mouton, Armando Rios, Brian Daubach or Dave Martinez the way we're going.

I just wish we had Paco Martin, Warren Newson or even Matt Merullo to throw out in this punchless line-up.

Heck, Ron Karkovice would be an improvement, or Joel Skinner even.

Edited by caulfield12

Ahahaha.

Has an entire team ever been reassigned for the AAA team? I'm seriously hoping it hasn't cause then we could go down in history.

There seriously isn't a single person in this lineup today I would keep. Not a one.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Probably Mike Devereaux, Cory Snyder, Ellis Burks, Lyle Mouton, Armando Rios, Brian Daubach or Dave Martinez the way we're going.

I just wish we had Paco Martin, Warren Newson or even Matt Merullo to throw out in this punchless line-up.

Heck, Ron Karkovice would be an improvement, or Joel Skinner even.

You forgot Julio Franco. He will still be available.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Buerhle better not give up more than 1 or 2 runs today. I don't see how anyone can blame Walker if this particular line-up doesn't score off Colon.

If he even gives up ONE run, we're going to lose.

He better f***ing shut them out.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
Buerhle better not give up more than 1 or 2 runs today. I don't see how anyone can blame Walker if this particular line-up doesn't score off Colon.

Nope, this disgrace falls on KW's shoulders.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)

Just look for guys that used to be pretty good, but have gone downhill or have been injured and will be available for a bargain basement rate. Unfortunately that is where KW still shops.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
Just look for guys that used to be pretty good, but have gone downhill or have been injured and will be available for a bargain basement rate. Unfortunately that is where KW still shops.

By that time, I don't think KW will still be here. This organization really needs a new direction after this year, when most of the veterans will be gone.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
If he even gives up ONE run, we're going to lose.

He better f***ing shut them out.

Eventually, the pressure on our starting pitching will lead to them struggling as well...you can't force your starters to throw a shut-out every game. That's a like a hitter "trying harder." It doesn't work in baseball. You have to stay within yourself, and Buehrle's not the type of pitcher who throws shutout after shutout, he usually pitches to contact.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
Maybe we can coax Mark McGwire into coming back for a half season, like the Yanks have done with that other steroid inflated media whore Roger Clemens.

I can see Canseco and Rickey Henderson out there. Heck, I think Rafael Palmeiro in LF might be better than what he have so far this season out of the position after Pods' injury.