Capn12

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
By that time, I don't think KW will still be here. This organization really needs a new direction after this year, when most of the veterans will be gone.

There will be a lot of pretty good players available as free agents. If the White Sox lose all their guys and don't put much of an effort in landing a big name or 2, and this season is one which does not include playoffs, the residual effect of winning the World Series will be over and wasted.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
I find it funny KW has been quiet lately he knows he has made major mistakes with this team! :gosoxretro:

He's been working at ESPN disguised as Joe Morgan.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
There will be a lot of pretty good players available as free agents. If the White Sox lose all their guys and don't put much of an effort in landing a big name or 2, and this season is one which does not include playoffs, the residual effect of winning the World Series will be over and wasted.

What big free agents do you see the Sox chasing with rolls of change in hand next off season?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)

I can't see how we're going to be active in the FA market with all of the inflated contracts. If KW still has the same piss-poor attitude he had about it last offseason, then I hope he quits after this season.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
I find it funny KW has been quiet lately he knows he has made major mistakes with this team! :gosoxretro:

I really think he has to auction off Buehrle to the highest bidder.

Not so long ago, I would have thought we should keep him, but we can get 2-3 position prospects back for him and it's not JR's style to give a pitcher 4-6 years and $60-100 million.

I think the justification will be that our season ticket base will be down, and that type of salary will be a fantasy for Sox fans, along with getting A-Rod or Ichiro, who would make no sense to acquire if we have to give Buehrle up.

Erstad 10 for 22 against the Angels....talk about REVENGE.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
Unreal Pablo....I hate the DH rule.

Dye now 6 for 38 career against Colon.

That's how desperate we are for offense.

That about summarizes our season this year...if the wind's blowing just a little, it's a 2-0 lead and we might be able to win.

Colon's about ready to unveil his 95-98 MPH heat in the second half of the game.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
I think the justification will be that our season ticket base will be down, and that type of salary will be a fantasy for Sox fans, along with getting A-Rod or Ichiro, who would make no sense to acquire if we have to give Buehrle up.

If we lose Buehrle, Dye, and Gooch next off season, it will be worth it if we get Ichiro.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
If we lose Buehrle, Dye, and Gooch next off season, it will be worth it if we get Ichiro.

Ichiro is going to get a fortune this offseason. With all of the holes we're going to have in the next few years with our lineup, we'd have nothing left to afford anything better than the 2 million dollar reserve crap we have right now.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)

Ichiro in that situation would just be like Belle in 1998. An attraction to sell tickets, but it wouldn't be enough to put us back in the playoff hunt because we don't have a replacement for Buehrle...we will get prospects like Floyd and Gio back for him, but there are no guarantees that type of deal will work.

Ichiro's the kind of player (like Soriano) that might have been enough to make a difference 2nd half in 2006, but KW wasn't willing to sell out the future. As things are looking now, there was a bleak future and he would have been better off putting all his eggs in the 2006 basket.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
Ichiro is going to get a fortune this offseason. With all of the holes we're going to have in the next few years with our lineup, we'd have nothing left to afford anything better than the 2 million dollar reserve crap we have right now.

Ya, I know, but I can dream. Just like I will wake up from this nightmare offense in a few hours, right?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)

Erstad's making $1 million, lol.

KW has talked a lot the past couple of seasons about getting old fast, but this team slumped before everyone was ready for it to happen.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
Game Ova!

Therein lies the problem. Buehrle doesn't think he can give up a single run, so he's TOO fine with Guerrero. Then he loses his release point and fails to locate against Quinlan, who kills LHPing.

Hudler is already talking about holding the lead for the rest of the game.