White Sox vs. Angels, 5/6/07 (W)

Capn12

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What on Earth does that have to do with me saying I miss Uribe's defense after Cintron looks slow and bumbling in the field?

I saw what you did with my quote. Care to explain why Ozzie's name was scratched for Kenny's?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Remember Josh Fields?

Josh Fields will be a bust.

--

Also, for those of you stat-tracking Anderson: he's succeeded in AAA before. He's aced ST twice. It doesn't mean s***. If he came back tomorrow and was the starter he wouldn't hit his weight.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Anybody else here for getting rid of Erstad and Pods and letting Anderson and Sweeney be the outfield for the rest of the year I would rather lose developing young players

Give it another month and KW will be feeling sorry for Erstad and trade him to a competitive team that actually appreciates what he brings to the table.

I have no problems with Sweeney and Anderson playing though...we're in rebuilding mode. I would say bring up Fields to DH while we're at it, things couldn't be too much worse.

Give Mackowiak and Cintron to anyone who will take their contracts off our hands.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
Good. We need his trade value to go up. We know he'll never get a chance for Ozzie.

Its amazing how smeared BA's reputation is in Chicago. Ozzie Guillen, the guy who would hit on chicks in the stands when he played, has everyone believing Anderson is some surfer dude partier who couldn't care less about baseball. Also a lot of people here talk about his swing, how horrible it is, yet can't wait to get Josh Fields in the line-up. You want to see some "lift and pull" and a lot of holes in a swing, Fields is the posterchild for that type of offense.

Guys just saw Clemens is back!

At the end of the seventh-inning stretch, Yankees public address announcer Bob Sheppard told fans to turn their attention to the box, where Clemens was standing with a microphone. As the video scoreboard in right-center televised Clemens, the seven-time Cy Young Award winner made the announcement himself.

"It's a privilege to be back," he said.

Clemens agreed to a minor league contract and most likely will join the Yankees after several weeks getting into shape.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
Guys just saw Media Whore is back!

At the end of the seventh-inning stretch, Yankees public address announcer Bob Sheppard told fans to turn their attention to the box, where Steroid Abuser was standing with a microphone. As the video scoreboard in right-center televised No Longer with Frosted Tips in his Hair, the seven-time Cy Young Award winner made the announcement himself.

"It's a privilege to be back," he said.

Shrunken Testicles agreed to a minor league contract and most likely will join the Yankees after several weeks getting into shape.

Fixed

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
Its amazing how smeared BA's reputation is in Chicago. Ozzie Guillen, the guy who would hit on chicks in the stands when he played, has everyone believing Anderson is some surfer dude partier who couldn't care less about baseball. Also a lot of people here talk about his swing, how horrible it is, yet can't wait to get Josh Fields in the line-up. You want to see some "lift and pull" and a lot of holes in a swing, Fields is the posterchild for that type of offense.

What do we have to lose with Fields as DH?

How could it be worse than the past week to ten days?

At least you can determine much more accurately what you actually have for next season.