White Sox vs. Angels, 5/6/07 (W)

Capn12

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ May 6, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
Damn. Got out of there with a win. Considering just how atrocious we are hitting right now, .500 and 4 games off the pace isn't that bad.

Indeed, there will be tougher games ahead, but you HAVE TO THINK we'll start hitting better. Kudos to Ryan Sweeney with the big double of K-ROD. K-Rod is a nasty pitcher, so it was good to see Ryan handle him.

your right about being lucky to be .500. Thank god are pitching has stepped up so far. Can you imagine what are record would be if we were hitting like this last year?.....Yikes

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
No, which is why we should think about trading him as well...he's going to be lucky to close 70-75% of his games with the stuff he's going out there with now.

You want to trade the first sox reliever to get 40 saves in a while. Why again. Its not like the sox have had a large group of closers that have done well. He can survive in the middle 90s with his stuff. Its not like he is Koch with only a fastball, his curve is filthy.

I wouldnt get rid of anyone on our bullpen, outside of Boone.

BTW Sweeney needs to play everyday in LF.

Leadoff with Erstad for all I care. Just play that kid everyday.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
Sweeney>Pods in LF.

I think Sweeney could have caught that ball that Quinlan off the wall. He just didn't get back quick enough.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
I think Sweeney could have caught that ball that Quinlan off the wall. He just didn't get back quick enough.

Sweeney did a great job of playing that ball off of the fence. We almost had a chance on Vlad at home. There's not a chance in hell anyone catches that rocket off of Quinlan's bat.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:46 PM)
Sweeney did a great job of playing that ball off of the fence. We almost had a chance on Vlad at home. There's not a chance in hell anyone catches that rocket off of Quinlan's bat.

He turned his head and waited like 2 seconds for the ball to hit the wall. He could have caught it. Rowand would have.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
He turned his head and waited like 2 seconds for the ball to hit the wall. He could have caught it. Rowand would have.

Might as well send him to Afghanistan, because Rowand could catch OBL then.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ May 6, 2007 -> 05:50 PM)

lol, no offense, but that is one of the more stupid things I have heard in a while... He played that perfectly.