5/6 Games

Heads22

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
Charlotte loses 4-3

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...94&sid=t494

Anderson 2-5, HR

You could argue that it is from the competition, but look what happens when you get consistent at-bats. The way our hitters are going, he should still be in the majors starting in left or center with Erstad the other positon.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
You could argue that it is from the competition, but look what happens when you get consistent at-bats. The way our hitters are going, he should still be in the majors starting in left or center with Erstad the other positon.

Ummmm....no.

I would much rather have Sweeney playing than BA at this point, and I prefer Erstad until Anderson can put together two great months in AA.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Ummmm....no.

I would much rather have Sweeney playing than BA at this point, and I prefer Erstad until Anderson can put together two great months in AA.

Sweeney and Anderson both have very similar tools. One projects as a better corner outfielder (Sweeney) the other as the better center fielder (BA). However, both are capable of playing all three outfield positions.

But the difference is that Sweeney has baseball skills and when I say baseball skills I mean he has a baseball swing. Brian Anderson has a mechanical mess that gets exploited like crazy against mediocre major league pitching (let alone good major league pitching).

We can hope Anderson eventually changes things, but there is absolutely no reason BA should be at the major league level unless he's replacing some other player because he is not better than Ryan Sweeney.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2007 -> 12:19 AM)
Sweeney and Anderson both have very similar tools. One projects as a better corner outfielder (Sweeney) the other as the better center fielder (BA). However, both are capable of playing all three outfield positions.

But the difference is that Sweeney has baseball skills and when I say baseball skills I mean he has a baseball swing. Brian Anderson has a mechanical mess that gets exploited like crazy against mediocre major league pitching (let alone good major league pitching).

We can hope Anderson eventually changes things, but there is absolutely no reason BA should be at the major league level unless he's replacing some other player because he is not better than Ryan Sweeney.

I think Sweeney is a much better thrower...he just has better "baseball instincts," he's a player instead of an athlete playing baseball, however you want to look at it.

I think it would be great to keep him in LF, but we have to either keep Dye or sign another power-hitting RFer for us to be able to keep two outfielders who will hit less than 15 homers, possibly combined.