White Sox Winner!!!!!!!!!

Sweeney >>>> anyone else we could put in LF

Some say he should be the RF for the future, but I like him LF. He is left handed, which is an advantage to help keep runners from advancing to 1st to 2nd on balls down the line, and Sweeney has a powerful arm to go with it. Plus, he played that ball off the wall perfectly today, and threw a laser to Cintron.

And now he is starting to hit. Pods won't be back until June at the earliest, so the rest of this month should be Sweeney's trial run. He should only not play if a tough lefty is pitching or he is doing just terribly bad. I think he is really going to light it up, and if he does so, he should never see a day in the Minors again.

Plus, he has shown very good speed, better then I anticipated. And he has that "grinder" attitude. Not on AB of his have I seen him not hustle.

Might just be me but just doesn't seem like we won the series.

Nevertheless Ill take the W, tough series coming up, carry over the success.

Nice to see Sweeney stringing together some hits lately.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(kevo880 @ May 6, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
huge game for AJ. Pinch hit homer to tie it then game winning hit in extras. hopefully thats the spark he needed to get him out of his funk.

Sweeney with 2 doubles today, might be igniting the offense a little bit with some help from the bottom of the order.

Buerhle pitched well with i think 7 strong innings only 3 earned runs. but didnt factor in the decision.

A.J has always been about winning. He may not be the most talented player around, but he's a gamer.

Sweeney looks like he's going to be good. I just like the way he carries himself both in the field and at the plate. It's too early to say definitely how he will pan out, but he just has the look of a good player.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 6, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Might just be me but just doesn't seem like we won the series.

I had an uneasy feeling all throughout today's game. We looked dead for the first two thirds of the game, but even with two outs in the bottom of the ninth with the lead I still had a bad feeling.

I'm glad we got out of there winning two out of three. Losing again today may have put the Sox into another tailspin. Winning the last two games and the series in LA may be a turning point going into Minny.

Now if only Cleveland's bullpen starts catching up with them...

I was happy as hell to see them pull this one out today. Kudos to Sweeney, he continues to impress me.

AJ, great clutch effort...

Let's go into Minny carrying this momentum and do some ass kicking. We may have just caught a small break too, as the boo-yah network website is reporting that Mauer is now on the 15-day DL...

QUOTE(chisox72 @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
I was happy as hell to see them pull this one out today. Kudos to Sweeney, he continues to impress me.

AJ, great clutch effort...

Let's go into Minny carrying this momentum and do some ass kicking. We may have just caught a small break too, as the boo-yah network website is reporting that Mauer is now on the 15-day DL...

You gotta love that guy...quotes from the Trib after the game.

"I was joking with Molina the last few games I haven't started this year," Pierzynski said, "and I was telling him, 'One of these days, you're going to get a complete game.' So we have two goals for him -- to get him a hit and get him a complete game."

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
You gotta love that guy...quotes from the Trib after the game.

"I was joking with Molina the last few games I haven't started this year," Pierzynski said, "and I was telling him, 'One of these days, you're going to get a complete game.' So we have two goals for him -- to get him a hit and get him a complete game."

Molina just needs to go up there, close his eyes and swing as hard as he can.

I mean, if Ozzie isn't going to make a big deal out of it for anyone else...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
Yeah because of a broken bat single, and a walk. When bobby can hit > 95 he is hard to beat with his secondary pitches.

The line drive kid comes through. To me that kid plays in LF until he proves he cant. Give him a chance. Good thing he is one of Ozzies favorites. he should get lots of playing time.

I listened to the game on XM up to the 8th inning and was mad at the 3-0 score and had to leave. I was going to take the receiver with me and listen in the car, but didn't. I am now ticked off I missed the heroics.

I did have a question on Jenks too, but all you see is the box score. A hit and a walk allowed, but three K's. If he gave up a broken bat hit then maybe in the overall scheme of things he is improving. You have to like the 3 K's. :gosox2:

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 7, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)
I listened to the game on XM up to the 8th inning and was mad at the 3-0 score and had to leave. I was going to take the receiver with me and listen in the car, but didn't. I am now ticked off I missed the heroics.

I did have a question on Jenks too, but all you see is the box score. A hit and a walk allowed, but three K's. If he gave up a broken bat hit then maybe in the overall scheme of things he is improving. You have to like the 3 K's. :gosox2:

Jenks was solid even though he started with the bottom of the order. There is nothing you can do about the broken bat hit. The walk was on a 3-1 count to Napoli the catcher. Aybar went down on 3 pitches and ended with a curve. Willits went down after a 2-2 count (curve). Figgins was struck out on a high fastball and only 3 pitches.

Edited by RME JICO