Bottom of the 8th.....

CubKilla

also not to be forgotten, willie's throw into second base on the sac fly, keeping the runner at first. then on the single by alou, he only got to second, instead of possibly scoring from second to make it 4-3.

And lets not forget how Olivo got to second base in the first place. Great bunt by Willie to get him there, then a walk to BigHurt, and Maggs came up with the big hit.

That is the perfect execution of "smallball" that I've been waiting forever to see :headbang

And lets not forget how Olivo got to second base in the first place. Great bunt by Willie to get him there, then a walk to BigHurt, and Maggs came up with the big hit.

That is the perfect execution of "smallball" that I've been waiting foreve to see :headbang

And that's what you got to do to win close ones like this. Man I hope this game gives them a shot of adrenaline and has some carry to it.

That is the perfect execution of "smallball" that I've been waiting foreve to see :headbang

Would he have scored fronm 2 or did Jiminez moving him to 3rd make the difference on that run?

Would he have scored fronm 2 or did Jiminez moving him to 3rd make the difference on that run?

Jimenez didnt move him to third. Jimenez grounded out to 2nd, so Olivo had to stay put.

So yep, DLo had NOTHING to do with this win. He very well might have cost us another game. :finger

also not to be forgotten, willie's throw into second base on the sac fly, keeping the runner at first

"Little" unnoticed things that are the difference between winning and losing.

We stole the game today and if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be absolutely devastated- they should have won this game 7-3. We pulled a Twins on them, lol.

We stole the game today and if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be absolutely devastated-  they should have won this game 7-3.  We pulled a Twins on them, lol.

Ever since this team started doing the "little" things, they've been winning.

The sCrUB fans are throwing in the towel. CubTalk.com even mentioned the "S" word for this June :headbang

:cheers

Jimenez didnt move him to third. Jimenez grounded out to 2nd, so Olivo had to stay put.

So yep, DLo had NOTHING to do with this win. He very well might have cost us another game. :finger

Without seeing the game, I was wondering that very thing. How does Olivo not move up to 3B on a ground ball to the right side of the infield?

Without seeing the game, I was wondering that very thing. How does Olivo not move up to 3B on a ground ball to the right side of the infield?

I thought he did :huh: . The FSN "runners on base diagram" had him at 2nd the whole time but I'm almost positive Olivo moved over to 3rd. Not to mention, the ball was hit hard by Maggs to Goodwin on one hop and I kind of doubt Olivo would have scored from 2nd on it..... even with his speed..... if he wasn't already at 3rd.

Sorry your wrong Dlo did move him to third on the hit to Grudz. So actualy he did what he was supposed to do and actualy IMO made up for the error he made in the 7th that could have cost us the game but didn't.

We stole the game today and if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be absolutely devastated-  they should have won this game 7-3.  We pulled a Twins on them, lol.

Ever since this team started doing the "little" things, they've been winning.

The sCrUB fans are throwing in the towel. CubTalk.com even mentioned the "S" word for this June :headbang

:cheers

It's kind of funny how things work out, isn't it?

A couple weeks ago, one Chicago team was talking about possibly adding a few pieces, while the other was talking about trading away everything and starting from scratch.

Now, after that time period, one Chicago team has lost 3 straight games that they could have and should have won....and they didn't win them. Another Chicago team is playing very good baseball, though not great baseball yet, and are finding new ways to win instead of new ways to lose. The trading ideas are obviously switching too.

f***ing awesome. And hopefully, we'll be 3.5 out by the end of tonight.

Sorry your wrong Dlo did move him to third on the hit to Grudz. So actualy he did what he was supposed to do and actualy IMO made up for the error he made in the 7th that could have cost us the game but didn't.

Make up for it? You're gotta be kidding...my god!

--3rd inning: Grudzie is on 2nd, 2 outs....Cubs hit a slow grounder, Jimenez gets a bad read on the ball and is forced to make a spectacular fielding play to barely recover for it...if the ball goes by him, Cubs score---and 3 out 4 times, he doesn't make the play. I am not going to hold a close call against him, but he should be reprimanted for getting to a point where he needs to make a flashy, risky play on a routine grounder...

--Another play an inning or two later: he gets a bad/late read on the more or less routine grounderball by Gridzilanek with Goodwin on 1st and ZERO outs in the 4th, the ball ends up going under his pathetic semi-dive...result? Runner and 1st/2nd, zero outs, top of the order coming up, Cubs poised for a big inning to put the game out of reach. I am not even expecting him to turn a DP on that play or even force the fast runner at 2nd even tough that's what good fielding 2B do in that situation...but to get ZERO outs out of the whole thing is ridiculous and typical of his play all season long. He got lucky speedster Tom Goodwin got stopped by Kim, he could have easily cruised to 3rd...Cubs end up loading the bases with 1 out and only remarkable choke jobs by Sosa and ALou prevent the Cubs from blowing the game wide-open. Sox are lucky to escape if only because Wright threw another bad change-up knee high to Sosa on 2-1 count and Sammy hit it 400 feet foul....

--Flash forward, his worst offense: runner at 1st, 1-outs.....Gonzalez hits a routine DP to Jose, who quickly flips to Jimenez who decides out of the blue to barehand it for no good reason since Gonzalez is pretty slow, running from the right side of the box....so instead of the being over, Cubs are back in business and Sox are forced to load the bases up and try their luck with Sosa and Alou....how Cubs do not blow the game open I do not know, but I tell you that Jimenez shouldn't avoid fans' and coaches' wrath just because of it. He's been this s*** all season long...

SO ARE YOU SAYING BECAUSE HE FAILED TO GET A HIT WITH RISP AND 1-OUT LATE IN THE GAME, HE REEDEEMS HIMSELF??!! WTF, if anything you should thank Maggs for driving that runner in from 3rd with a real base-hit...

My god, some people are just clueless, Jimenez has had as bad a game as a defender can have given the gravity of this game. If this offense wasn't as pathetic as it is, I would bench him for a weak...too bad we have no better option.

I would bench him for a weak...too bad we have no better option.

I'd gladly put up with taking him out, putting Harris at 2B, putting Rowand in CF, and moving everyone in the lineup up one, except Maggs, who stays at his spot, and Daubach, who moves up 2 spots. Harris leads off, Thomas hits 2nd, Dauber 3rd, Maggs 4th, Lee 5th, Valentin 6th, Crede 7th, Olivo 8th and Rowand 9th.

That lineup is as good, if not better, then the one we are putting on the field now.

Making the second out of an inning to move a runner to third... No, his job is to get a hit and drive the run home. If he "sacrificed" himself to move the runner, that was a BONEHEAD play. It still take a base hit to get that run home, unless the Cubs give it to us with an error, wild pitch, passed ball or balk.

--3rd inning: Grudzie is on 2nd, 2 outs....Cubs hit a slow grounder, Jimenez gets a bad read on the ball and is forced to make a spectacular fielding play to barely recover for it...if the ball goes by him, Cubs score---and 3 out 4 times, he doesn't make the play. I am not going to hold a close call against him, but he should be reprimanted for getting to a point where he needs to make a flashy, risky play on a routine grounder...

--Another play an inning or two later: he gets a bad/late read on the more or less routine grounderball by Gridzilanek with Goodwin on 1st and ZERO outs in the 4th, the ball ends up going under his pathetic semi-dive...result? Runner and 1st/2nd, zero outs, top of the order coming up, Cubs poised for a big inning to put the game out of reach. I am not even expecting him to turn a DP on that play or even force the fast runner at 2nd even tough that's what good fielding 2B do in that situation...but to get ZERO outs out of the whole thing is ridiculous and typical of his play all season long. He got lucky speedster Tom Goodwin got stopped by Kim, he could have easily cruised to 3rd...Cubs end up loading the bases with 1 out and only remarkable choke jobs by Sosa and ALou prevent the Cubs from blowing the game wide-open. Sox are lucky to escape if only because Wright threw another bad change-up knee high to Sosa on 2-1 count and Sammy hit it 400 feet foul....

--Flash forward, his worst offense: runner at 1st, 1-outs.....Gonzalez hits a routine DP to Jose, who quickly flips to Jimenez who decides out of the blue to barehand it for no good reason since Gonzalez is pretty slow, running from the right side of the box....so instead of the being over, Cubs are back in business and Sox are forced to load the bases up and try their luck with Sosa and Alou....how Cubs do not blow the game open I do not know, but I tell you that Jimenez shouldn't avoid fans' and coaches' wrath just because of it. He's been this s*** all season long...

SO ARE YOU SAYING BECAUSE HE FAILED TO GET A HIT WITH RISP AND 1-OUT LATE IN THE GAME, HE REEDEEMS HIMSELF??!! WTF, if anything you should thank Maggs for driving that runner in from 3rd with a real base-hit...

My god, some people are just clueless, Jimenez has had as bad a game as a defender can have given the gravity of this game. If this offense wasn't as pathetic as it is, I would bench him for a weak...too bad we have no better option.

1st face it brando you don't like the guy, I have been reading your posts for about 3 to 4 months with out posting but I know how you feel about DJ. So you will always have a biased view on what ever he does. My whole point was that he atleast made up for the error in the 7th inning. He could have just hit the ball to the left side, tried to hit a homer, or even just struck out but he made an effort to hit it to the right side and thats what he did. The reason I know he was tring to do this was because a pitch or 2 before he hit a hard grounder to the right side that just went, foul that shows me he wanted to be the team player.

Another thing(this is for everone), everone last year, except for HSC, liked DJ and was expecting him to be the starter. They even liked him in traing camp when he was producing, but then we got the report from Klesko and Nevin saying that he was lazy and everone turned on him before even giving him a chance to prove him self.

1st face it brando you don't like the guy, I have been reading your posts for about 3 to 4 months with out posting but I know how you feel about DJ. So you will always have a biased view on what ever he does. My whole point was that he atleast made up for the error in the 7th inning. He could have just hit the ball to the left side, tried to hit a homer, or even just struck out but he made an effort to hit it to the right side and thats what he did. The reason I know he was tring to do this was because a pitch or 2 before he hit a hard grounder to the right side that just went, foul that shows me he wanted to be the team player.

Another thing(this is for everone), everone last year, except for HSC, liked DJ and was expecting him to be the starter. They even liked him in traing camp when he was producing, but then we got the report from Klesko and Nevin saying that he was lazy and everone turned on him before even giving him a chance to prove him self.

You're so f***ing OFF-BASE in your presumption that I am biased against DJ, I am not even goung to dignify the rest of that tripe.

If you wish, do a post search and see for yourself just how much I "unjustly hated"

Theangelo in March-April-May...I am not going to waste time on doing your research, especially not when you appear so confident in yout conclusion.

(better yet ask Steff and HSC, LOL)

You're so f***ing OFF-BASE in your presumption that I am biased against DJ, I am not even goung to dignify the rest of that tripe.

If you wish, do a post search and see for yourself just how much I "unjustly hated"

Theangelo in March-April-May...I am not going to waste time on doing your research, especially not when you appear so confident in yout conclusion.

(better yet ask Steff and HSC, LOL)

Hey Brando, I am very sorry about what I wrote and the way i wrote. Write after i did it I felt sorry and was thinking about deleting it bnut didn't.

So again sorry for writting that..