White Sox vs. Twins, 5/8/07 (L)

Capn12

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:54 AM)
I'ma say it now. Scott f***ing Podsednik better not come back and play in front of Sweeney. The kid has talent, and an actual approach at the plate.

We have our allotment of grinders in the OF, Ozzie. Do the right thing.

Sweeney's actually faster down the line than Pods is.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:59 AM)
Sweeney had a better approach on that offspeed pitch than anyone else.

Even on his outs he looks fine. He drove that ball to LF very well there, nice to see that. He's certainly not overmatched which was my initial fear.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
Is there any doubt, whatsoever, that Ryan Sweeney is a flat out better ballplayer than Brian Anderson?

Only if drunk German brewgirls (or is she Czech?) met both Anderson and Sweeney at a surfer's convention would Anderson be the pick right now...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:00 AM)
Is there any doubt, whatsoever, that Ryan Sweeney is a flat out better ballplayer than Brian Anderson?

Why is the comparison vs Anderson? I'll fix that for you.

Is there any doubt, whatsoever, that Ryan Sweeney is a flat out better ballplayer than Brian AndersonScott Podsednik?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)

Is there any doubt, whatsoever, that Ryan Sweeney is a flat out better ballplayer than Brian AndersonScott Podsednik?

Well because he is a young homegrown OF'er just like Brian. They are both top prospects. The comparison is inevitable.

Ryan Sweeney's approach at the plate to wait on the ball and take hard ones into LF and breaking balls into RF is better than most of our lineup right now. I love watching this kid hit.

Darn, those Tigers....

Well, maybe the Angels can slow down the Indians a little out on the Left Coast.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:03 AM)
Well because he is a young homegrown OF'er just like Brian. They are both top prospects. The comparison is inevitable.

Ryan Sweeney's approach at the plate to wait on the ball and take hard ones into LF and breaking balls into RF is better than most of our lineup right now. I love watching this kid hit.

We just have to get Sweeney to the point where when he drives it to LF, it's for a double and not a medium fly ball.

No.

But a more interesting question is this: is there any doubt whatsoever that Podsednik is a better ballplayer than Anderson?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
Crap, I didn't want anyone on base with Morneau up. Ozzie better get Aardsma or MacDougal up in the pen.

I wonder what it would take for Rivera to lose his job? Farnsworth is not really an option as closer.

I don't think they'll go for the Dave Aardsma for Cano deal...although you would have an interesting discussion, how many Sox fans would trade Aardsma for Melky Cabrera.

DP, inning over. going to top 8.

im glad javy is pitchin good, knock on wood. thonrton is warmin up, and im glad he gave us 7 good innings

im also glad aj is really hot. i hope he can carry the load, since paulie and jd arent doing much these days, even though paulie does have a single this game. 15-14 after this one, i hope.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:03 AM)

While all of that is true, Brian Anderson isn't in any danger (at this point in time) of taking Sweeney's job. Podsednik, OTOH, is. It's a question that needs to start to be asked -- is Sweeney a better baseball player right now than Podsednik? Considering Pods pretty much won't be 100% for the rest of the season -- Ozzie pretty much admitted as much -- is there any facet of the game that he's better than Sweeney at?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
No.

But a more interesting question is this: is there any doubt whatsoever that Podsednik is a better ballplayer than Anderson?

In all honesty, the Sox would be best suited if they tried to settle that argument going head-to-head in AAA.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
While all of that is true, Brian Anderson isn't in any danger (at this point in time) of taking Sweeney's job. Podsednik, OTOH, is. It's a question that needs to start to be asked -- is Sweeney a better baseball player right now than Podsednik? Considering Pods pretty much won't be 100% for the rest of the season -- Ozzie pretty much admitted as much -- is there any facet of the game that he's better than Sweeney at?

Pods draws more walks and can get more steals, even though I think we all doubt he'll be effective on the bases after this latest injury.