White Sox vs. Twins, 5/8/07 (L)

Capn12

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Mark freakin Redmond beats out an infield hit. Great play Gooch. It has been all downhill since his acrobatic play last year.

The Twins ALWAYS seem to take advantage of any mistakes they're presented with...unfortunately, Ozuna/Cintron/Mack aren't any better at 2B.

We're closing in on 7 blown saves...great!

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
Twins' announcers complaing Royals traded MacDougal and Sisco within the division.

Royals also had Burgos and Affeldt, should have been a great pen.

yeah I was listenign to that too. They wouldn't have a problem if it was them who had both.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
shocking. mcdoogal gets pounded.

And there's the essence of the trade...against really good teams, in difficult circumstances, Mac buckles. It's why the Royals parted with him so easily, he's not reliable when you really need him to get an out, his control just isn't good because he has no idea where his FB is going.

This Rabe kid has some pop...better be careful.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:27 AM)
Thanks again Gooch and MMac.

I still am confused as to why Dye wasn't playing deeper. We desperately need a late inning defensive replacement for him....and Iguchi ( :P ).

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:26 AM)
And there's the essence of the trade...against really good teams, in difficult circumstances, Mac buckles. It's why the Royals parted with him so easily, he's not reliable when you really need him to get an out, his control just isn't good because he has no idea where his FB is going.

Give me a f***ing break. One ball was hit hard that inning. Buckling my ass... I love when people here become psychiatrists...

I don't think Dye was playing that deep, because Bartlett has no power...well, except against us ... isn't Bartlett the punch-and-judy hitter that hit his only homer off Contreras last year in a late inning win for the Twins v. us?

Ozzie walked right into a better situation for the Twins.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ May 9, 2007 -> 02:30 AM)
I don't think Dye was playing that deep, because Bartlett has no power...well, except against us ... isn't Bartlett the punch-and-judy hitter that hit his only homer off Contreras last year in a late inning win for the Twins v. us?

yes

Don't give in here.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 8, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
Give me a f***ing break. One ball was hit hard that inning. Buckling my ass... I love when people here become psychiatrists...

Find a single Royals' fan who is upset Mac is gone...I dare you.

I've lived in KC and watched his entire career, he's not good against the best teams.