• Yes - He's garbage
    • No - Give Him Another Month
    • No - He's Awesome

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not going to get fired during the season unless he says something stupid. With that in mind, I'd like everyone in the organization to be evaluated closely this year, as there's a lot of changes that will have to take place after this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 8, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
He's not going to get fired during the season unless he says something stupid. With that in mind, I'd like everyone in the organization to be evaluated closely this year, as there's a lot of changes that will have to take place after this year.

I'm not sure what the hell to expect if they don't make the playoffs. Guess it depends on how it all goes down. If they get back into it and fall short it could go one way, if they look like this all year you'd have to figure one of KW or Ozzie will go.

I suppose you just never know with Jerry.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ May 8, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
I'm so sick of this team. Something has to change. Might as well start at the top and work your way down.

I think it's way to early for this talk. No doubt Ozzie blew it tonight. But Ozzie's not the problem. The biggest culprit right now is lack of hitting. Everyone has an opinion on different line ups etc, but when the only player hitting on your team the last week or so is Erstad, you're going to lose some games..

The Sox will need to average more then 4 runs per game to get to the playoffs. I don't even think they're at that right now.

Bob

Now if avid fans can see these issues, there is no way others are not seeing the same thing (management, media, etc). It is plain as day.

I really hope someone asks Ozzie why he did not walk Morneau and allowed a RHP pitch to him with 2 outs and jeff Cirillo on deck. What could he possibly say other than he trusted Masset?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 8, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
Now if avid fans can see these issues, there is no way others are not seeing the same thing (management, media, etc). It is plain as day.

I really hope someone asks Ozzie why he did not walk Morneau and allowed a RHP pitch to him with 2 outs and jeff Cirillo on deck. What could he possibly say other than he trusted Masset?

He feared a wild pitch?

I think this is indefensible. Not fireable, and I'm not furious, but this was a bulls*** game.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 8, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
He feared a wild pitch?

I think this is indefensible. Not fireable, and I'm not furious, but this was a bulls*** game.

How many more games are going to be lost in this fashion before someone is held accountable? If Ozzie was going to pitch to Morneau, why walk him an inning earlier, and waste all those pitchers?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 9, 2007 -> 04:20 AM)
How many more games are going to be lost in this fashion before someone is held accountable? If Ozzie was going to pitch to Morneau, why walk him an inning earlier, and waste all those pitchers?

If this means Masset and Sisco can't pitch the rest of this series, then I'm fine with that.

From my recap...

Here is a list of all the pitchers in baseball who have faced Justin Morneau at least 10 times and have held him hitless:

• Bobby Jenks
That's it. That is the complete list. In fact, in those ten at-bats, Morneau has never even so much as drawn a walk against the big fella.

[...]

To recap, the following situations made Ozzie take action:

• Justin Morneau stepping to the plate in the 9th with the Sox most effective reliever (this season) on the mound.

• Nicky Punto steppnig into the box with a runner in scoring position with the Sox most effective reliever (this season) on the mound.

• Josh Rabe being announced

• Torii Hunter coming to the plate with a runner in scoring position in the 10th.

The following situations led Ozzie to do nothing:

• Torii Hunter coming to the plate with a runner in scoring position and the Sox clinging to a 1-run lead in the 8th inning.

• Justin Morneau batting with the winning run on second in the 10th innning with the Sox "longman" on the mound and Bobby Jenks contemplating in which color sugar to dip his lick 'em stix.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 8, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
From my recap...

Here is a list of all the pitchers in baseball who have faced Justin Morneau at least 10 times and have held him hitless:

• Bobby Jenks
That's it. That is the complete list. In fact, in those ten at-bats, Morneau has never even so much as drawn a walk against the big fella.

[...]

To recap, the following situations made Ozzie take action:

• Justin Morneau stepping to the plate in the 9th with the Sox most effective reliever (this season) on the mound.

• Nicky Punto steppnig into the box with a runner in scoring position with the Sox most effective reliever (this season) on the mound.

• Josh Rabe being announced

• Torii Hunter coming to the plate with a runner in scoring position in the 10th.

The following situations led Ozzie to do nothing:

• Torii Hunter coming to the plate with a runner in scoring position and the Sox clinging to a 1-run lead in the 8th inning.

• Justin Morneau batting with the winning run on second in the 10th innning with the Sox "longman" on the mound and Bobby Jenks contemplating in which color sugar to dip his lick 'em stix.

Will love to see the Ozzie apologists' responses to this.

But he won a ring, so all's well.

His s*** tonight in the late innings was minor league. It reminded me of pitching to Mauer last year at home with first base open and 2 outs. The AL hitting leader up, promptly hits a 3 run homer and the Sox lose. July 24, for those scoring at home.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:14 AM)
It reminded me of pitching to Mauer last year at home with first base open and 2 outs. The AL hitting leader up, promptly hits a 3 run homer and the Sox lose. July 24, for those scoring at home.

Who could have seen that coming? :mellow:

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 9, 2007 -> 04:02 AM)

With first base open and two outs in the eighth, Guillen elected to pitch to Torii Hunter and Hunter delivered a game-tying single off David Aardsma that extended Hunter's hitting streak to 22 games.

"I'm never going to walk the go-ahead run," Guillen said. "I don't care if it's Babe Ruth at the plate, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds. They can call me anything they want. Behind [Hunter] isn't Ozzie Guillen hitting. It's [Michael] Cuddyer. We have to respect that. [Hunter] has a lot of speed and Cuddyer can hit the ball out of the park or into the gap and can score [Hunter]. He got the hit, good for him. The only thing he can do is tie it, and he did."

In the 10th, Andrew Sisco allowed a leadoff double to Luis Castillo. With one out, Masset relieved Sisco and intentionally walked Hunter before inducing Cuddyer to foul out to first.

Guillen elected to have Masset pitch to Morneau, who had snapped the Twins' streak of 189 consecutive at-bats without a homer with a shot off Vazquez in the second.

Morneau ended the suspense when he launched a 444-foot shot over the right-field wall.

"It's not his fault," Guillen said of Masset. "It's the guys who pitched before him."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:24 AM)
"I'm never going to walk the go-ahead run," Guillen said. "I don't care if it's Babe Ruth at the plate, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds. They can call me anything they want. Behind [Hunter] isn't Ozzie Guillen hitting. It's [Michael] Cuddyer. We have to respect that. [Hunter] has a lot of speed and Cuddyer can hit the ball out of the park or into the gap and can score [Hunter]. He got the hit, good for him. The only thing he can do is tie it, and he did."

What if he hits a homer? :huh:

God I love Ozzie's logic.

"It's not his fault," Guillen said of Masset. "It's the guys who pitched before him."

No, it's your fault for not f***ing walking Morneau.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
What if he hits a homer? :huh:

God I love Ozzie's logic.

No, it's your fault for not f***ing walking Morneau.

Iguchi and Crede didn't exactly help either.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 9, 2007 -> 07:32 AM)
going after joe girardi...brilliant

It's amazing how fanbases always want the opposite of what they have...

Jerry Manuel, asleep at the wheel, no emotions, Gandhi, passive.

Ozzie...crazy, bad "game manager," too emotional, his methods will be tuned out by players, will have a run--in with the media and get fired

Giradi...too boring, too many cliches, micro-manager, wants to control every aspect of the organization, huge ego

KW will never hire Girardi, they couldn't co-exist. He's not a part of the "White Sox family" either.

from chicagosports.com (so much for firing Walker!)

"People want a reaction to a lack of performance in a certain area," Williams said. "But I'm not interested in that. We're interested in a stable franchise that allows us to compete on a yearly basis and to do that, you better keep your people around. That's the long answer.

"The short answer is, I haven't even thought about it."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 9, 2007 -> 08:14 AM)
How anyone can blame this loss (primarily) on anyone other than MMac is beyond me.

I'm sure some will blame Iguchi (from both sides of the field, offensively and defensively)...

And Aardsma looked really shaky out there as well. Not sure that he's closer material. I know MacDougal isn't, not for the White Sox. It's just like Kip Wells in 2002 and 2003. He wouldn't have put up those same stats with the White Sox...MacDougal might have saved 21/24, but it was Doug Jones/Joe Borowski-esque. Always a high-wire act on the precipice of disaster, and many of those saves were 2-3 run leads where he would give up a run or two but still get the save.