White Sox vs. Twins, 5/9/07 (W)

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 9, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Here comes some Micro Managing here.

Danks has plenty left in the tank. Why do this.

No reason to let the young kid who's getting squeezed go even deeper into the game. You don't want to overpitch your youngsters.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 9, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
No reason to let the young kid who's getting squeezed go even deeper into the game. You don't want to overpitch your youngsters.

To me the lesson of him dealing with guys on in a game situation is more valuable than getting MMAc some work. He wasnt overpitched.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 9, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
A.K.A. Liriano.

I dont know that Liriano was overpitched. He started in the bullpen, and they moved him to starter, he probably didnt have many innings on his arm when he went down. IIRC, his injury was due more to his pitching motion(ie. a loop in his delivery) that put a lot of stress on his elbow.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:02 AM)
A.K.A. Liriano.

Liriana was handled with kid gloves. They put him in the bullpen to start 2006 despite his readiness to dominate at the beginning of last season. Liriano had some injuries with the Giants, IIRC, and I thought I recall reading that his motion wasn't particularly 'clean'.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 9, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
I dont know that Liriano was overpitched. He started in the bullpen, and they moved him to starter, he probably didnt have many innings on his arm when he went down. IIRC, his injury was due more to his pitching motion(ie. a loop in his delivery) that put a lot of stress on his elbow.

I guess it wasn't really "overpitching" but more of pitching when he shouldn't have. He was on the DL, came off, and pitched almost immediately after he came off. And hurt himself, bad, obviously. I think they should have shut him down until atleast September. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 9, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Liriana was handled with kid gloves. They put him in the bullpen to start 2006 despite his readiness to dominate at the beginning of last season. Liriano had some injuries with the Giants, IIRC, and I thought I recall reading that his motion wasn't particularly 'clean'.

Ha, similar post. :cheers

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 9, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
I guess it wasn't really "overpitching" but more of pitching when he shouldn't have. He was on the DL, came off, and pitched almost immediately after he came off. And hurt himself, bad, obviously. I think they should have shut him down until atleast September. Just my opinion.

He should have been shut down for good, his elbow was done when he went down.