Braves meet with Rainbow/PUSH officials

Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan's deaths will do more for African-Americans in this country than any event since the death of the great Dr. King. What idiots. Why aren't they meeting with hockey teams about this?? The issue in 1947 was that blacks were not allowed to play, the issue in 2007 is that blacks CHOOSE not to play. Baseball is doing what it can to promote the game in African-American areas, and if that doesn't get kids to play, what else do you want? Kick white players out?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 11, 2007 -> 10:17 AM)
I just dont understand how the Braves got singled out. Because it is Atlanta and there is a high population of African American people? Isnt the same true of Oakland, Chicago, New York? And this statement:

Doesnt Willie Harris negate this statement completely? Isnt he from Georgia, near Atlanta?

I just dont get it.

But you said so yourself...he's from Georgia...not Africa...he doesn't count. :D

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ May 10, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
Unofficial rule: Whites get hockey, blacks get basketball. :chair

I thought it had to do with ankles.

• 1 month later...

The NAACP has decided that baseball doesnt do enough for African Americans, and points out that "...funding for baseball programs has found its way to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and other countries."

I hate how he uses the hispanic countries to further his goals, as if they get everything that the African Americans dont.