White Sox vs. Royals, 5/11/07 (W)

Heads22

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
That was the dumbest slide attempt I have seen a sox player in a long time. Wow. You try to sneak your foot in where the catchers foot is. Whoopsie, the catcher was up the line a bit. The plate was 3 feet on the other side.

Some of those fundamentals me and you were just talking about

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
That was the dumbest slide attempt I have seen a sox player in a long time. Wow. You try to sneak your foot in where the catchers foot is. Whoopsie, the catcher was up the line a bit. The plate was 3 feet on the other side.

He just caught his left knee on Buck's left foot...one of the few times that a headfirst slide would have scored easily.

7 assists for Teahen on the year.

Of course, German doubles to start the inning. Nothing is ever easy for the White Sox. Why isn't Mackowiak in the game? Geez.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Where is Sweeney???? Why isnt he in RF for defense.

Oh f*** that....you can't have a left handed hitter in the lineup when there's a LHP. He's not experienced enough. God forbid you give him some ABs Ozzie you friggin PUTZ!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 11, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
Get Jon out. Now

Thornton against Teahen....then Jenks versus Sweeney, HOPEFULLY.

I'm having a flashback to the game Sweeney miraculously hit into a Double Play with the bases loaded to end the game.

Edited by caulfield12

Nice urgency here in the 9th. Good thing that ball stayed in the park....didn't like the inside pitch selection to Grudz on a pitch he can turn on.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 12, 2007 -> 02:22 AM)
Thornton against Teahen....then Jenks versus Sweeney, HOPEFULLY.

Teahen has had some good ABs vs Thornton in the past. Why not just bring in Jenks? Ozzie always tries to get cute vs the Royals, and they always hurt us cause of it.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Jeez Ozzie, put Mackowiak in for defensive reasons in RF. Not a good turn of events there.

Dye could not be screwing over this team any more than he currently has. And in about every conceivable way. His outfield speed is embarrassing, and his lack of offense is costing everyone from the team down to the money he'll receive next season.

Hell, add in the fact if he doesn't rebound respectably (>.250avg, 70+rbis, 20+HRs) he'll cost the White Sox type A compensation. He may hurt his value midseason if the Sox are out of contention, as well.

Talk about a worst case scenario with a player. This is it.