Business Competition

SoxFan1

I was never a big laptop guy, well, up until today at least. I won a Toshiba A135-S4527 as a prize for winning a business competition at ESPN Zone and I must say, being able to use a computer just about everywhere is pretty damn awesome. I'll now be able to take a PC and a laptop with me to college this fall.

The differences in keyboards and pointer is what always turned me off about them so hopefully I can get used to it. Nonetheless, a free laptop with Vista and all the bells & whistles is much better than a $800 PC.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 11, 2007 -> 07:45 PM)
That's a pretty decent machine. The laptop keyboard and touchpad get some taking used to, but I don't think I can ever go back to a mouse and hunky keyboard again.

^^^^^^^^

Laptops wreak of awesomeness!

I have a Dell E1705, which is considered a desktop replacement notebook. I added, a Logitech keyboard and wireless laser mouse and it is basically the same as a desktop except I can tuck it under my arm and head to Moon Beans.

I like my laptop just fine, but having to use a desktop for 8 hours a day still keeps it as my favorite. I am not so sure I will ever get used to the laptop keyboard due to how much time I spend on my desktop. I do use a mouse still with my laptop though. Again, I use the mouse and keyboard together so often in my job that I don't think I will ever turn over to being a touchpad fan. But there are many factors of the laptop that I do love. I've only had one for a few months though. I do know this though: if I get the chance to switch to a laptop at work, I will.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 11, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
That's a pretty decent machine. The laptop keyboard and touchpad get some taking used to, but I don't think I can ever go back to a mouse and hunky keyboard again.

I hate the touchpad on the laptop. If I ever had to get a laptop, I'd have to get a mouse.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 16, 2007 -> 04:38 PM)
I hate the touchpad on the laptop. If I ever had to get a laptop, I'd have to get a mouse.

I tried the touchpad for like a day or two when I first bought this thing. My hand hurt so much that I went out and bought a mouse.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 11, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)
I was never a big laptop guy, well, up until today at least. I won a Toshiba A135-S4527 as a prize for winning a business competition at ESPN Zone and I must say, being able to use a computer just about everywhere is pretty damn awesome. I'll now be able to take a PC and a laptop with me to college this fall.

The differences in keyboards and pointer is what always turned me off about them so hopefully I can get used to it. Nonetheless, a free laptop with Vista and all the bells & whistles is much better than a $800 PC.

Would you really want two computers?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 11, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)

I have the 4427. Had to pay for mine though. :angry: You'll be pleased with it...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 16, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
Would you really want two computers?

I am using three at home. A desktop PC that really functions as a print server and network storage, an old laptoop that I am converting to a media center for MP3, internet radio, movies, and feed mlb.tv to my TV. And a laptop that I use as a computer :-)