The starting rotation

SpringfieldFan

Is anyone else taking note of how the starting rotation is shaping up right now? It is starting to look, dare I say, very promising for the 2nd half. Of course we have Loaisa, who may not be the best pitcher in baseball, but has the best numbers and qualifies as an ace so far. Of course Colon is Colon and is beginning to establish himself again at this point of the season. Add to that the fact that Buehrle is looking like he is his old self. That makes three bonafide stoppers on our rotation. Beyond that, Garland has been very strong for the last two months and even though his last start was shaky, I feel confident when he goes out these days. Even our maligned #5 spot is showing life now. Danny gutted it out like a vet this afternoon and some may forget what a good outing he had last time, where I believe he only gave up a run in six innings or so.

I know not every one of them can stay hot for the rest of the season, but dang, our starting staff is quietly shaping up to be something special. What do you think it portends for the rest of the season?

Is anyone else taking note of how the starting rotation is shaping up right now?  It is starting to look, dare I say, very promising for the 2nd half.  Of course we have Loaisa, who may not be the best pitcher in baseball, but has the best numbers and qualifies as an ace so far.  Of course Colon is Colon.  Add to that the fact that Buehrle is looking like he is his old self.  That makes three bonafide stoppers on our rotation. Beyond that, Garland has been very strong for the last two months and even though his last start was shaky, I feel confident when he goes out these days.  Even our maligned #5 spot is showing life now.  Danny gutted it out like a vet this afternoon and some may forget what a good outing he had last time, where I believe he only gave up a run in six innings or so. 

I know not every one of them can stay hot for the rest of the season, but dang, our starting staff is quietly shaping up to be something special.  What do you think it portends for the rest of the season?

If the offense doesn't get going, I don't know how long the starters can keep it up quite frankly.

I am sorry, but neither of Garland's outings against Cubs and Twins are anything but mediocre in terms of WHIP ans stuff/control...Burly was very mediocre in Wriggley...and Danny Wright was simply lucky he didn't get tagged for 6-7 runs today.

Colon-Burly-Elo can compete with the Cubs trio when they on, maybe even beat them....but we NEED our 4-5 starters to step up and they are incosistent as they ever were 2 years ago.

all your #5 has to do is give you a chance to win. and that's what wright has been doing. :ph34r:

If were hitting like we were in 2001 (without Frank and with Val on DL at that!) let alone 2002 or even 2000, I'd agree with you, our pitching is actuall better than it was in 2000-2002....

But he ugly truth is, Sox are one of the worst hitting team in ALL of baseball both overall and especially in clutch (lead the game in DP with RISP, etc). We can't afford Galrand's inconsistent, deeply mediocre s***, let alone Wright's horrid-ness. We just can't, those guys better find confidence and release points or we are done.

I don't only because we average about 7 hits every 35 at bats. Not good.

And I don't like D'Angelo and Harris.

And with Paulie having the bad year our lineup is pretty weak.

But I love our play of late.