White Sox vs. Royals, 5/12/07 (W)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 12, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
I thought about doing today, but I'm bad mojo.

I think we're ready to platoon Erstad/Terrero and Sweeney should be playing every day, except for against the toughest lefties. He's too young to be a platoon player, and he hits righties (at least this year) worse than lefties statistically (not sure about historically).

This sux because when Iam at work like this during a game I depend on the game thread to update me on what the hell is going on.But this lack of activity is very dissappointing.

It may be my imagination, but there appeared to be something different about Sweeney's swing his last AB.

I'll have to pay closer attention his next time up. From first glance, his three swings just didn't look right.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 11:44 PM)
So freaking sick of Iguchi's at-bats. Erstad needs to hit that ball in the air there. It's too bad we couldn't take advantage of the Royals trying to let us blow them out.

F***ing Erstad... Sweeney has a nice AB as Elarton wasn't giving anything to him, and Erstad goes and does that. Erstad sure is great at those 6-4-3, 6-3 and 4-3 putouts. Reminds me of our post ASB CF in 2005.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 12, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
It may be my imagination, but there appeared to be something different about Sweeney's swing his last AB.

I'll have to pay closer attention his next time up. From first glance, his three swings just didn't look right.

A hitting coach that shall remain nameless better be working with our power hitters not hitting, and not trying to elongate and f*** up another swing.

Erstad's OPS now sits at .640. Of course, he'll bunt a runner over next week and drive in a run on a 1-for-4 night, and everyone will be gah-gah over him again.

We need a CFer. Let's let Erstad play in a role he'd be perfectly acceptable in as the 4th OFer, and hopefully Kenny can get the Sox a real CFer by July.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 12, 2007 -> 06:49 PM)
A hitting coach that shall remain nameless better be working with our power hitters not hitting, and not trying to elongate and f*** up another swing.

I knew someone would bring up his name, that's why I didn't want to jump to conclusions. :D