White Sox vs. Royals, 5/12/07 (W)

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's two camps now: those that think he just had one real bad stretch, but he's great.....or those that think he sucks, and just had one hot stretch.

I just find it funny how it's not ok to bash Grinderstad and his .250ish BA because he had a horrible stretch, and his numbers are better than the other guys on the team. The defenders say this know that Iguchi, Crede, AJ (getting better,) Konerko, and Dye are all going through some tough stretches.

So if Erstad's numbers are slightly better than our guys in a bad stretch, what does that really say about Erstad considering he's had a hot streak? :huh:

Why do I have a feeling this is going to be Grienke's best outing of the year?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 12, 2007 -> 10:02 PM)
Hey!! Theres that guy in our lineup with a proper approach at the plate! Veterans, stop and watch how Sweeney goes about things at the plate please.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We should have traded Dye in the offseason...

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
Why, because he left in Buehrle to throw over 110 pitches and ensure himself the possibility of a victory?

tizzle for rizzle, Buehrle is a pitcher that can throw 110 pitches. not a pitcher where that is a major strain, he has a fluid delivery and can work up to 110...

and grindy still sucks

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:59 AM)
Do we have any second basemen in our minors that can hit and field?

No, the offensive prospects in our minor league system have to be one of the 5 worst in all of baseball. Years of not developing offensive talent has finally caught up to us.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:01 AM)
Wow. I am actually going to cry when Sweeney is sent down. Did you see his foul off of that 2-2 pitch?

He won't get sent down. If for some fluke reason he is, I'm sure there'll be another injury shortly that would get him back up.

I might as well turn the channel when Dye, Iguchi, and Crede are up. At least with PK, I hope they might show a replay of his 2005 WS grand slam or something.

Ugh, where's Aardsma?

Sweeney's at bat sucked ass before Grienke came nowhere near the plate. Sweeney's swings were awful, but he showed a good eye on that backdoor curve. Sweeney is the only hitter on this club that gets credit for a walk, most of the rest of the hitters it goes unmentioned. You see what you want to...

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
He won't get sent down. If for some fluke reason he is, I'm sure there'll be another injury shortly that would get him back up.

I might as well turn the channel when Dye, Iguchi, and Crede are up. At least with PK, I hope they might show a replay of his 2005 WS grand slam or something.

Someone just might throw a rock at Terrero's head in a game of RPS....we can only hope.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
Hey!! Theres that guy in our lineup with a proper approach at the plate! Veterans, stop and watch how Sweeney goes about things at the plate please.

Unfortunately, our best hitter right now is a 22 year-old.

Greinke had as much life on his pitches as I've seen this year. In the 17-3 game drubbing the other day, he actually admitted he walked a batter intentionally because he was afraid of giving up a grand slam to a particular hitter.

Big difference tonight. Looks like their plan is Greinke for two innings, maybe Gobble if needed, then Soria.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
Sweeney's at bat sucked ass before Grienke came nowhere near the plate. Sweeney's swings were awful, but he showed a good eye on that backdoor curve. Sweeney is the only hitter on this club that gets credit for a walk, most of the rest of the hitters it goes unmentioned. You see what you want to...

Every other f***ing batter would have swung at ball 4 or taken 3 pitches then walk back into the dugout.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
You are in gamethread but not chat. You disgust me.

I know. I have no excuse to justify abandoning chat.

My laptop batter has forsaken me. From my personal computer, for whatever reason, I've never been able to successfully run a Java Applet required for chat.