White Sox vs. Royals, 5/12/07 (W)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
People are calling him a god and all this garbage. It just bothers me when Scott Podsednik was hitting .300 and people value him like a piece of s*** and Sweeney has played like an average Major League hitter and everyone is gaga over him.

That comparison is totally apt. One is a 32 (?) year old, one (maybe zero now?) tool player who hasn't been a good baseball player since pre-ASB 2005. The other is a 22 year old who has been the best hitter on the Sox besides Jim Thome.

Average? Sweeney has been average? Offense all around the league has been down, and you're going to call Sweeney's .875 OPS, plus baserunning and plus defense average?

Go ahead, keep posting, you're giving me some good laughs on a dysmal night.

Aren't players in their free agent year supposed to do good? I hate this f***ing offense so much. KW deserves so much blame for not upgrading the crap we saw all during the 2nd half last year. At least we have more AAAA pitchers.

Edited by fathom

I feel a little better after looking at Alex Gordon's stats. .164 with 37 strikeouts in 110 at bats. At least he walks (has 13), but damn, the Royals rushed him. Those are sub Anderson numbers. Imagine how much we would hate Gordon on this board?

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
I feel a little better after looking at Alex Gordon's stats. .164 with 37 strikeouts in 110 at bats. At least he walks (has 13), but damn, the Royals rushed him. Those are sub Anderson numbers. Imagine how much we would hate Gordon on this board?

He has 8 HBP, which is why his OBP hovers around .300.

Thome 25 walks in 20 something games

Rest of team 90 walks in 32 games

The Royals tried to hand us four wins in a row. I guess it's baseball karma that we hand back at least one of those four games.

I think Bell will go to Soria, but I would seriously consider leaving Greinke in to close it out.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
Grienke's numbers coming in: 5.80 ERA, 1.79 WHIP

So far after this game: 5.35 ERA, 1.68 WHIP

People are hitting over 300 against him. Meanwhile, we are getting pitch by pitch radar gun reports of how hard Grienke is throwing by Hawk.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell we have people on this board bashing our rookies who reach base every PA including hitting a homer. :o

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:35 AM)

I like that the Royals rushed him. He had nothing left to accomplish in the minors. They know they're not competing for the title this year, so why not get him experience.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
That comparison is totally apt. One is a 32 (?) year old, one (maybe zero now?) tool player who hasn't been a good baseball player since pre-ASB 2005. The other is a 22 year old who has been the best hitter on the Sox besides Jim Thome.

Average? Sweeney has been average? Offense all around the league has been down, and you're going to call Sweeney's .875 OPS, plus baserunning and plus defense average?

Go ahead, keep posting, you're giving me some good laughs on a dysmal night.

I wasn't comparing Podsednik to Sweeney. I was just saying Podsednik was putting up good numbers, .303 average, .378 on base, .833 ops. I don't mean to compare the players in any aspect, but Podsednik was putting up damn near the same numbers (better on base and average, lower OPS as you would expect from a leadoff guy). My only problem is people will love or hate who they want.

Also, keep treating me like a total piece of s*** and acting like you are never wrong about baseball. I really appreciate getting responses like you are making me laugh and that was the dumbest thing said on this board (the 2nd one wasn't you). I'm just stating an opinion and making observations.