White Sox vs. Royals, 5/12/07 (W)

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
There goes Hawk slobbering all over grindErstads knob again. Get the f*** over it already, he is an average to below average, 1 tool player.

the top of lineup is weak, and thats being really generous.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:39 AM)
3 f***ing funs against the toliet of pitching.

It all started with Iguchi going out of his way to pull an offspeed pitch with the infield back and no outs, runner on 3rd.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
People are hitting over 300 against him. Meanwhile, we are getting pitch by pitch radar gun reports of how hard Grienke is throwing by Hawk.

I think Greinke might end up becoming the Royals' closer.

Dotel has always been shaky since his injury problems, and Soria's best role is set-up.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:39 AM)
Also, keep treating me like a total piece of s*** and acting like you are never wrong about baseball. I really appreciate getting responses like you are making me laugh and that was the dumbest thing said on this board (the 2nd one wasn't you). I'm just stating an opinion and making observations.

We've drawn an insane few amount of walks since Thome went out....it was shocking to see someone lay off an offspeed pitch twice in one night on a full count. The funny thing is there were people after his first AB saying he didn't look that good with his swing.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Dejesus coming into tonight:

Against RHP: .277 BA, .754 OPS

Against LHP: .286 BA, .864 OPS

I'm betting the WGN won't run this garbage propoganda commercial come late June.

I hate that Chuck Norris commercial

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
Dejesus coming into tonight:

Against RHP: .277 BA, .754 OPS

Against LHP: .286 BA, .864 OPS

I'm betting the WGN won't run this garbage propoganda commercial come late June.

I love Sisco's pinpoint control.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
Hell we have people on this board bashing our rookies who reach base every PA including hitting a homer. :o

I haven't bashed Sweeney, I've just said he's overrated by a lot of people on here.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
I like that the Royals rushed him. He had nothing left to accomplish in the minors. They know they're not competing for the title this year, so why not get him experience.

Yeah, that's fair, and originally I didn't oppose the idea. However, there is a difference between experience and being overmatched and losing confidence. He never played at AAA so it wouldn't hurt to give him some time there if he doesn't show signs of improvement in the next week or 2.

I keep hearing from the parrot in the booth that we are snapping out of this offensive slumber.

Well he is right, we are hitting .232 over the last 7 days, that is statistically up from the pathetic .213 BA that we are having on the month of May so far.

Dont worry, flip their baseball cards over and imagine them hitting. Its what our coaching staff does. Maybe if we collectively wish they might hit a ball.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
We've drawn an insane few amount of walks since Thome went out....it was shocking to see someone lay off an offspeed pitch twice in one night on a full count. The funny thing is there were people after his first AB saying he didn't look that good with his swing.

Yeah, and his swing didn't look much better in the 2nd at bat, but he drew a walk. Of course he went and hit a HR later, but a lot of people would be (and were) upset to see him swinging harder and longer.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:39 AM)
My only problem is people will love or hate who they want.

There's no way Podsednik wouldn't have kept that up.

My hatred directed towards Podsednik is wrongly directed. It's not his fault that he really isn't healthy or a useful baseball player at this point in his career. I'm pissed that the Sox tried to sell the fans that he was a healthy ballplayer, because if he isn't 100% healthy, he's completely useless. And he's been supposedly hurt the past two seasons, yet the Sox are acting like his getting hurt was a complete shock. That's not to say you can predict injuries, but you have to weigh risks, and this was an awful risk that is jumping up and biting the Sox right in the ass.

Also, keep treating me like a total piece of s*** and acting like you are never wrong about baseball. I really appreciate getting responses like you are making me laugh and that was the dumbest thing said on this board (the 2nd one wasn't you). I'm just stating an opinion and making observations.

I'm not treating you like s***. You know way more than I do about the Sox' minor league system and I always appreciate your insight there.

It just seems like -- and maybe I'm wrong -- you're not happy that Sweeney is succeeding with some of the comments you've made, like saying he's performed 'average' when in reality he's been the Sox best hitter since Thome has been gone, and ditto the comment about the walk.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
I keep hearing from the parrot in the booth that we are snapping out of this offensive slumber.

Well he is right, we are hitting .232 over the last 7 days, that is statistically up from the pathetic .213 BA that we are having on the month of May so far.

Dont worry, flip their baseball cards over and imagine them hitting. Its what our coaching staff does. Maybe if we collectively wish they might hit a ball.

Sisco is down from 94-96 to 92 now. I know he's supposed to have more control, but he doesn't get much movement with that pitch.

Maybe Jim Morris from The Rookie is still available. That was a gutsy 3-2 pitch by Sisco. Hopefully he won't walk the next guy.

And Ozzie's allowing Sisco to face a righthander...???

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:44 AM)
Yeah, and his swing didn't look much better in the 2nd at bat, but he drew a walk. Of course he went and hit a HR later, but a lot of people would be (and were) upset to see him swinging harder and longer.

I might be the only one, but I want to see Sweeney swing harder and pull the ball. The only thing was that he didn't look smooth with his swing in his first AB.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
I might be the only one, but I want to see Sweeney swing harder and pull the ball. The only thing was that he didn't look smooth with his swing in his first AB.

Uh no. We have enough of that approach on the team. Ask Gooch what pulling does. He has gotten progressively worse with his hitting as he has had more time to work with our coaches. His first time up against Johan santana he hits the ball the other way. Now 2 years later he looks just as foolish as pullem paulie.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
Uh no. We have enough of that approach on the team. Ask Gooch what pulling does. He has gotten progressively worse with his hitting as he has had more time to work with our coaches. His first time up against Johan santana he hits the ball the other way. Now 2 years later he looks just as foolish as pullem paulie.

I trust Sweeney a lot more though...it's all in the hips. The times he hasn't cleared his hips on inside pitches this year, he's hit weak grounders on the infield. When he's opened up on the slow stuff, he's hit rockets.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)

Uh-oh...well, I guess our offense wasn't going to score against the intimidating Royals' pen anyway.

Teahen owned the Sox last year.

Sisco taking lessons from Contreras?

For the record, I would have stayed with Greinke...but Bell wants to build on the success of tonight and not let him lose the game I guess, and he's never been called to save a game in his life, I would imagine.

PH for Iguchi with Cintron?

Edited by caulfield12