White Sox vs. Royals, 5/12/07 (W)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen enough of Boone against lefties to trust him. Once he got a strike on Teahan I felt good. That's a major change from me thinking he was almost as good as automatic runs for the other team.

QUOTE(BMac Attack @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)
hahahaha Hawk on Erstad: "We knew he was good, he's better than we thought he was."

The scary thing is they were saying this when he was batting .125. I can't wait to see him in the lineup against a LHP tomorrow. That .400 OPS is overrated.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:18 AM)
I've seen enough of Boone against lefties to trust him. Once he got a strike on Teahan I felt good. That's a major change from me thinking he was almost as good as automatic runs for the other team.

It's all about control.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:05 AM)
Sweeney's at bat sucked ass before Grienke came nowhere near the plate. Sweeney's swings were awful, but he showed a good eye on that backdoor curve. Sweeney is the only hitter on this club that gets credit for a walk, most of the rest of the hitters it goes unmentioned. You see what you want to...

What a joke. Greinke buried a beautiful changeup on 3-2 just below the knees and Sweeney laid off of it beautifully. You're just pissed that Sweeney is doing better than you expected. You called out a poster last week for saying Sweeney would be hitting (insert batting average) after the week was over.

He's probably not going to continue this up, but give the guy some credit. He's one of two hitters (Uribe the other) who looks competent at the plate as of right now.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)

i will reserve judgement until I see him face Hafner and put him down in the same fashion

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
What a joke. Greinke buried a beautiful changeup on 3-2 just below the knees and Sweeney laid off of it beautifully. You're just pissed that Sweeney is doing better than you expected. You called out a poster last week for saying Sweeney would be hitting (insert batting average) after the week was over.

He's probably not going to continue this up, but give the guy some credit. He's one of two hitters (Uribe the other) who looks competent at the plate as of right now.

Look at the replay of that 3-2 pitch, the catcher caught it just above the dirt. Talk about a joke.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:20 AM)
Look at the replay of that 3-2 pitch, the catcher caught it just above the dirt. Talk about a joke.

No, he caught it just below the knees. You watch it again. Kid's 1-for-1 with 2 BBs and a homer and you're b****ing about people being a little excited that he's one of the few competent hitters in the lineup.

No, a joke was this past half inning. My f***ing gosh...

The theory of lift and pull as an offensive strategy needs to be put to bed on the southside forever. This is a f***ing joke that this craphole pitching staff of the Royals is holding us to 3 runs. The Tigers put a 9 spot on this crap, The indians would put a 9 spot on this. The aenmic Oakland offense torched them for 17 runs, and no they are looking like Cy Young again.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:23 AM)
The theory of lift and pull as an offensive strategy needs to be put to bed on the southside forever. This is a f***ing joke that this craphole pitching staff of the Royals is holding us to 3 runs. The Tigers put a 9 spot on this crap, The indians would put a 9 spot on this. The aenmic Oakland offense torched them for 17 runs, and no they are looking like Cy Young again.

Well, hopefully after this year, Ozzie will pull a Tubby Smith and quit after being told he has to fire an assistant.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:23 AM)

"The hitters are just putting too much pressure on themselves."

"It's not technically summer yet, so it's okay we're not hitting."

"It's a domino effect -- one hitter starts pressing, and then the other guy starts pressing. Poor guys!"

"Injuries!"

Am I missing anything?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)

"It's a domino effect -- one hitter starts pressing, and then the other guy starts pressing. Poor guys!"

"Injuries!"

Am I missing anything?

"This team is too talented not to get on a roll"....wait a second, that was last year's battle cry.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
That's one of the dumbest comments in the history of this board.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
No, he caught it just below the knees. You watch it again. Kid's 1-for-1 with 2 BBs and a homer and you're b****ing about people being a little excited that he's one of the few competent hitters in the lineup.

People are calling him a god and all this garbage. It just bothers me when Scott Podsednik was hitting .300 and people value him like a piece of s*** and Sweeney has played like an average Major League hitter and everyone is gaga over him.

So we have Dye, Mackowiak, Crede, Iguchi, Sweeney, and Erstad to get us one run. Someone please hit a homer.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
People are calling him a god and all this garbage. It just bothers me when Scott Podsednik was hitting .300 and people value him like a piece of s*** and Sweeney has played like an average Major League hitter and everyone is gaga over him.

Greinke has an excellent change-up, and Sweeney took the 3-2 pitch beautifully. Way too many hitters on this team don't know how to work the count for a walk. I think Thome has more walks than the rest of the team combined.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)

"Injuries!"

Am I missing anything?

Yea, "This offense f***ing sucks."