White Sox vs. Royals, 5/12/07 (W)

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:19 PM)
I couldn't help but laugh when he said that. Elarton was suppose to be on the DL for an extra week but they decided to let him pitch against us. :P

Pitching against us = Rehab assignment

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:22 AM)
the real question is, do we think our pitching will hold up? if it regresses, even a LITTLE bit, we are f***ed so hard.

We've faced every bad hitting team in the AL so far. It's going to be scary next week when we face two powerful offenses.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
We've faced every bad hitting team in the AL so far. It's going to be scary next week when we face two powerful offenses.

Tell me about it. Our pitchers have to pitch out of their minds in order for this team to maintain this .500 record.

Scott E has pitched a turd tonight. A real hitting team would have had him in the showers around the 2nd wondering if he came off the DL too soong.

Line drive swings are how you come out of a funk. Think back up the middle and oppo. If walk was really trying to get these guys out of the funk. He would have every hitter concentrating oppo all the time. And work on flip drills and isolate on keeping the back elbow up and driving down on the ball. Once they make solid contact for a while, then you start to work on driving it. When things fail in whatever sport, you break it down to fundamentals and work on simplifying it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
We are too busy looking at baseball cards, looking at their previous seasons and are just waiting for previous editions of the players to show up.

That baseball card remark reminds me of Cooper saying last year he didn't care how the pitchers were, as long as we won. Of course, this was when 7 of our 9 hitters were going well.