• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 left stranded

:crying

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Wow, a grounder by Mackowiak. I'm stunned. Either him or Cintron needs to be traded.

meh, we ain't exaclty gonna get something good for Cintron or Mack

Edited by mr_genius

Wow, a grounder by Mackowiak. I'm stunned. Either him or Cintron needs to be traded.

Traded? Who in their right minds who trade for either of those guys? We'd be lucky to get a High-A 39 year old for either of them.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:43 AM)
3 left stranded

:crying

meh, we ain't exaclty gonna get something good for Cintron or Mack

I don't care if we get a bag of peanuts in return....we need to open up a spot on the roster, and both those guys are worthless.

Who would want them at this point? especially Cintron.

Mack, Dye and Crede should've all been dealt this offseason after their best seasons -- and by flukey I mean flukey in two out of three cases, with Dye's being flukey only in that he's good but not THAT good.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:37 AM)
That groundball up the middle, for instance, was up the middle. It wasn't badly hit.

LOL, it wasn't badly hit. You have to be kidding me. It was a perfect double play ball. Erstad couldn't have made it any easier for their defense.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
I don't care if we get a bag of peanuts in return....we need to open up a spot on the roster, and both those guys are worthless.

mack has more value for this team than he would bring in a trade

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:45 AM)
LOL, it wasn't badly hit. You have to be kidding me. It was a perfect double play ball. Erstad couldn't have made it any easier for their defense.

Yep, it was basically the one place he couldn't afford to hit it.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:46 AM)
mack has more value for this team than he would bring in a trade

As what?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:45 PM)

Situational hitting. You have a man on 3rd with less than two outs and a double play up. You then dip you back shoulder and try and lift the ball into the outfield.

If you have a man on 3rd and no outs you hit the ball to the right side, or in his case pull it.

Its adjusting, its what major leaguers are supposed to do, and they are supposed to know these situations before they come to the park.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)
we need these innings out of Buehrle. not a good criticism of Guillen IMO

We've had a lot of days off recently, including this coming Monday. We could afford to use our bullpen tonight.