White Sox vs. Royals, 5/12/07 (W)

What a crappy throw by AJ. Poor job by Buehrle holding him on there, but has AJ ever bailed out our pitchers by making a perfect throw when we needed it?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)
Situational hitting. You have a man on 3rd with less than two outs and a double play up. You then dip you back shoulder and try and lift the ball into the outfield.

Yup. And all offseason we heard how Erstad is perfect for those situations, always gets the job done. Whoops...

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
We've had a lot of days off recently, including this coming Monday. We could afford to use our bullpen tonight.

i don't like going to the pen to start the 6th. give him a shot at the 6th, not a bad move by ozz

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:bang

I love Erstad. He's looked fine. That groundball up the middle, for instance, was up the middle. It wasn't badly hit. It was a good play by the Royals.

Erstad sucks. Quit making crap up. It was a weak grounder hit to the SS.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:51 AM)
I don't like Buehrle facing Buck here, as Buck's launched two homers off of him this year.

Nope, Mark's gotta have a chance at getting a win here, even if it means giving up a two run shot here.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:51 AM)
Erstad sucks. Quit making crap up. It was a weak grounder hit to the SS.

There's two camps now: those that think he just had one real bad stretch, but he's great.....or those that think he sucks, and just had one hot stretch.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
ok guys, you criticize ozzie for moves that don't work

give him credit for making the right move with Buehrle starting the 6th

Why, because he left in Buehrle to throw over 110 pitches and ensure himself the possibility of a victory?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:54 AM)
ok guys, you criticize ozzie for moves that don't work

give him credit for making the right move with Buehrle starting the 6th

Those are the same situations where our pitchers have gotten burned....even though it worked, I hate the call. It's just like how he made the right move to bring in MacDougal on Tues night, it's just the results were bad. No sane person criticized him for bringing him in that night.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
Nope, Mark's gotta have a chance at getting a win here, even if it means giving up a two run shot here.

:P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
Why, because he left in Buehrle to throw over 110 pitches and ensure himself the possibility of a victory?

nope, i think it was the right move, not the move to 'get Buehrle the win'

QUOTE(fathom @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
Those are the same situations where our pitchers have gotten burned....even though it worked, I hate the call.

well, i think you need to trust your top starters to work through games, even without their top stuff. i liked the call, don't trust our pen to go 4 innings when we got Buehrle on a good stretch.