WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Reddy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
I was worried about us going into the 11th w/Erstad having to play 1st base. I'm sure glad that didn't happen.

Why? Erstad is a better defender then PK at 1st, and Terrero is no slouch in the OF himself.

Also, Ryan Sweeney rocks your world.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
Why? Erstad is a better defender then PK at 1st, and Terrero is no slouch in the OF himself.

Also, Ryan Sweeney rocks your world.

PK's been playing it for about 7 or 8 more years though.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
If you can resist f***ing with your IF defense late in the game, you try to leave it alone. That's just what I believe. I'm just more comfortable with Paulie finishing it off.

Well, I think we all would like to keep the same chemistry, but the pinch running for Konerko was a no-brainer.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
If you can resist f***ing with your IF defense late in the game, you try to leave it alone. That's just what I believe. I'm just more comfortable with Paulie finishing it off.

We used Gload quite a few times in the late innings over the years. It's a non-issue for Erstad to go over there, Ozzie just doesn't want to move him out of CF to LF.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
Well, I think we all would like to keep the same chemistry, but the pinch running for Konerko was a no-brainer.

I know, that's why I suggested it in the game thread.

What I'm trying to say is that Darin isn't a great enough 1B to be justified as a defensive upgrade at first.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)

I remember a few innings last year where we didn't score on three singles in an inning.

No thanks.

My only qualm is not using your best pitcher (Jenks) out of the bullpen in the Top of the 10th. Scioscia has the right theory there....shorten the game and don't give the opponent a chance to breathe.

We by all rights should be 2-2 against the Royals this year.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)

What I'm trying to say is that Darin isn't a great enough 1B to be justified as a defensive upgrade at first.

He won a GG there in 2004. Konerko's made himself above-average, but Erstad's still a better fielder.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)

Are you kidding me?

Erstad is twice the first baseman Paul "No range" Konerko is.

Obviously you don't move him to first if you don't have to but if it's got to be done it's definitely an upgrade.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
Are you kidding me?

Erstad is twice the first baseman Paul "No range" Konerko is.

Obviously you don't move him to first if you don't have to but if it's got to be done it's definitely an upgrade.

Erstad is twice the first baseman Pauly is. I suggest you rethink that one. Pauly has pretty soft hands over at 1st.

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
I was worried about us going into the 11th w/Erstad having to play 1st base. I'm sure glad that didn't happen.

I wouldn't be concerned, Erstad is the best defensive first baseman in the majors.