WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Reddy

I wish the offense would wake up so I can stop worrying throughout the whole game that we're either gonna blow a lead or not come back. That said, kudos for the guys for finding ways to win right now. It's definitly speaks a lot about our pitching.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
I care. I agree it's damn near impossible but for any team, let alone the Sox to bat this bad all season, but how long is it going to go on? You and I both know it will catch up to them, and if this was any other team but the Royals, we are probably talking about a series loss right now.

As I said my original post, a win is a win, and thats all you can ask for. However, the O still isn't showing much life, and squeeking out W's against the Royals, at home, is only going to go so far.

I think its a valid concern (when these guys are going to figure it out) and I have actually said I would have no problem with the Sox making a move for a new hitting coach (if there is someone out there that they like). Even though I personally dont' think Walker is the problem, however, I do think it could just be one of those things where the players have heard it from Walker for a long time and they simply need to hear it from another voice so to speak.

Thome comes back, Dye/Konerko get even semi productive and we are talking about an entirely different offense (still not an amazing one, but a much better one). Mix that in with an acquisition at the trade deadline (if its necessary) or a couple more roster moves and I think they will be just fine.

I am very confident if the pitching keeps up (stays healthy and keeps pitching strong) we'll see this team in the playoffs and than getting fitted for some nice fancy rings during the off-season.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
Who cares...no team is going to hit this bad all season. I'll take the pitching, you can buy bats a lot easier, plus there is no way Dye/Konerko stay this bad. I wouldn't be surprised if Crede struggled (wish he wouldn't, but I'm less confident about him) plus Thome should be fine and Pyrz has proven he's a pretty consistent .270 plus hitter (at the very least).

I'm impressed, they continue to find ways to win and have had great starting pitching and I expect us to get strong pitching all season and better offensive play and that is a recipe for a world series type of ball club.

I agree completely. The team is showing intenstinal fortitude. They were coming from behind to pull out games on the road and despite the lackluster hitting managed a W tonight. The starting pitching has been phenomenol . The bullpen will have its ups n down mostly because of control issues. Last year we were losing games to teams like the Royals too many times. Pitching will win u games like this when all it takes is a walk , wild pitch and 1 hit to win the game.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)
If Thome can come back strong,(HUGE question mark at this time) and just 1 of Kong-Dye-Crede get really hot, its a whole new team. The pitching has been outstanding, and if it does stay like this, missing the playoffs would be a huge disappointment.

As it stands, this team IMO should have 22, 23 wins. It's stunning how the Sox are 3 games above .500, and the combo of Kong-Dye-Crede are batting a combined .202.

Even without the offense, I think this team should have a couple more wins (although I also admit the Sox have stolen a game or two). But ya, I think it will be a different team and I do think they have had better approaches at the plate as of late (still not good ones though).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 12, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
Our 3 best hitters right now are Ryan Sweeney, Juan Uribe, and Darin Erstad (and NOBODY else is hitting). The fact we are 18-15 is an all out miracle, if we EVER hit even close to our potential we have a chance to do big things. Get the damn sweep tomorrow.

I also agree with Joey Cora's assesment...if last years team had this pitching, they would have won 100 plus games (I don't know if they would have won 120, but it would have won 100). However, I think we'll see this years team take care of business.

I just got home from this game tonight....

Despite the fact that the offense made me want to vomit, this was a FANTASTIC win. We were dead as a door nail until grindErstad got us started and Juan missed a walk-off by inches. Thankfully we were able to string together some hits in the 10th. Overall, not a pretty win, but f*** it, it was a win no less....

Hopefully we break the brooms out on these pricks tomorrow and call it a day...

I know I'm always looking at the glass as half-cracked, but I really hope the pitching will hold up once the hitting finally comes around. It's a good sign that the Sox have managed to go 3 games over .500 with virtually no offense, but that can't last, can it?

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
Also, Ryan Sweeney rocks your world.

Sweeney:

.276 .364 4 walks 3 k's

How many pitches per at bat does this kid see? Its unreal that he is already that developed in the judgement dept.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 12, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
If Thome can come back strong,(HUGE question mark at this time) and just 1 of Kong-Dye-Crede get really hot, its a whole new team. The pitching has been outstanding, and if it does stay like this, missing the playoffs would be a huge disappointment.

As it stands, this team IMO should have 22, 23 wins. It's stunning how the Sox are 3 games above .500, and the combo of Kong-Dye-Crede are batting a combined .202.

Thome isnt going to be back for awhile, his swings were called "tentative"

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Thome isnt going to be back for awhile, his swings were called "tentative"

I'll be pleasantly stunned if he plays 2 consecutive games during the month of May.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Sweeney:

.276 .364 4 walks 3 k's

How many pitches per at bat does this kid see? Its unreal that he is already that developed in the judgement dept.

Sweeney's going to strike out looking on occasion due to taking so many close pitches. That's fine, as long as he doesn't pull a Pods and let it happen seemingly every other game. I was so impressed with his ability to lay off two, 3-2 offspeed pitches in the dirt last night.