Juan Uribe

DBAHO

Its funny that Uribe is now the best hitter on the team because SS was one of the positions that many wanted to see upgraded this offseason.

On Ichiro, I wouldn't mind having him, but I am kind of concerned about the team's overall age.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 13, 2007 -> 11:07 AM)
Its funny that Uribe is now the best hitter on the team because SS was one of the positions that many wanted to see upgraded this offseason.

On Ichiro, I wouldn't mind having him, but I am kind of concerned about the team's overall age.

Of the CFers on the market, I think KW would be more likely to go after Torii Hunter...but if he continues to play like he has been and doesn't get injured, another team will outbid the Sox.

The Phillies were 2nd in the Soriano sweepstakes (despite having Rowand and Victorino) and we'll be stuck with Erstad or another "bargain basement" player on the mend or hoping for a 1-2 year comeback player (ala Dye, Dave Martinez, Cory Snyder, Devereaux, Burks, Daubach) in his 30's.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 13, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
Of the CFers on the market, I think KW would be more likely to go after Torii Hunter...but if he continues to play like he has been and doesn't get injured, another team will outbid the Sox.

The Phillies were 2nd in the Soriano sweepstakes (despite having Rowand and Victorino) and we'll be stuck with Erstad or another "bargain basement" player on the mend or hoping for a 1-2 year comeback player (ala Dye, Dave Martinez, Cory Snyder, Devereaux, Burks, Daubach) in his 30's.

I love streaky players take Terrero batting .333 on base % .600. Will he be a major force for the sox... Doubt it... Uribe, I believe has found something. I believe he could grow into a great #2 hitter as long as he continues.. Iguchi has great hands as Frank Thomas said he needs to experience a little success. He sould have a better average with more power numbers down in the lineup. It just hasn't ahppened yet. Edited by forrestg

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
ah yes, i have been saying it all along- ICHIRO

if they do not resign erstad, i would love to see them go after ichiro. now keep in mind ichiro is already 33 and will be 34 in october. maybe a 3 year 24 million or a 4 year 36 million dollar contract. i would love to see him in a white sox uniform

if we cant get ichiro, and if crede is gone, go after a-rod. see what we can do. lets spend some money, and actually get a well known mlb SUPERSTAR in chicago. im tired of everyone saying konerko isnt, even though he has 3 straight season of 40 homers/100 rbis and dye hitting 330 last year with 40 homers and 110 rbis.

come on KW, lets get ichiro or a-rod in the cell.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the only way that the White Sox can afford to get a player like Ichiro is for Fields, Sweeney, and Anderson to come up and produce, along with at least 1 more young pitcher to replace Buehrle (if not 2). To hold onto this team as-is right now next year will cost something on the order of $130 million or more, and that's without a single upgrade. Plug in an Ichiro replacing a Podsednik, and that team is a $145-$150 million team.