Jim Beam Club review

RockRaines

So, thanks to jason i snagged a pair of his tickets to the Jim Beam club last night. From my experience this was about as good as it gets at a Sox Game. My friend and I were the first ones in the area, and were treated with great hospitality from the get go. Terrence the bartender was a delight and always kept a frosty brew in my hand. The club itself is amazing, great set up and a brilliant idea. The buffet is nothing short of top notch. I had prime rib, lamb, and 4 cheese mashed potatoes. I also sampled the food in the seats as well, and its the same menu as the scout seats.

I found that the Jim Beam club was a little bit better than the scout seats for a couple of reasons. I liked that the bar/food area was only about 5 feet from our seats. The view from the seats is probably one of the best in the ballpark as the angle and the distance from the field is close to ideal. The club area itself is extremely nice, clean and very very useful. Several people stopped down in the club before the game as well, Hawk, Minnie, DJ. I also sat next to and got a picture of Alex Brown from the bears. He was up there watching the game with his wife and son. The overall game experience could not have been better, topped off with the bartender holding a couple of free rounds for us in the bar after the free booze had been cut off. The workers up there were all extremely nice and courteous and the managers made it a point to come by and have conversations with us throughout the game.

Overall I am excited to hopefully get back up there as it was worth every penny to me. I fully recommened the experience, and I hope to get back there soon.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 13, 2007 -> 10:55 AM)
So, thanks to jason i snagged a pair of his tickets to the Jim Beam club last night. From my experience this was about as good as it gets at a Sox Game. My friend and I were the first ones in the area, and were treated with great hospitality from the get go. Terrence the bartender was a delight and always kept a frosty brew in my hand. The club itself is amazing, great set up and a brilliant idea. The buffet is nothing short of top notch. I had prime rib, lamb, and 4 cheese mashed potatoes. I also sampled the food in the seats as well, and its the same menu as the scout seats.

I found that the Jim Beam club was a little bit better than the scout seats for a couple of reasons. I liked that the bar/food area was only about 5 feet from our seats. The view from the seats is probably one of the best in the ballpark as the angle and the distance from the field is close to ideal. The club area itself is extremely nice, clean and very very useful. Several people stopped down in the club before the game as well, Hawk, Minnie, DJ. I also sat next to and got a picture of Alex Brown from the bears. He was up there watching the game with his wife and son. The overall game experience could not have been better, topped off with the bartender holding a couple of free rounds for us in the bar after the free booze had been cut off. The workers up there were all extremely nice and courteous and the managers made it a point to come by and have conversations with us throughout the game.

Overall I am excited to hopefully get back up there as it was worth every penny to me. I fully recommened the experience, and I hope to get back there soon.

How does one go about aquiring tickets to this Jim Beam club? I'd like to buy some for an upcoming game to check it out...

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 14, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
How does one go about aquiring tickets to this Jim Beam club? I'd like to buy some for an upcoming game to check it out...

In the ticket exchange, Jason is selling two excellent tickets to games. I believe he has some left. It was really worth it as it was some of the most fun I have ever had at a sox game.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 14, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
In the ticket exchange, Jason is selling two excellent tickets to games. I believe he has some left. It was really worth it as it was some of the most fun I have ever had at a sox game.

When you're looking for the tickets on the ticket exchange, what section would it be under. I saw some that say Home, but I wasn't sure if that was considered Scout or not.

Thanks for the review Rock, it defintiely sounds like a worth while experience. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for when Jason might have some other games go up for sale in the future.

So compared to the Scout Seats, basically the same as far as service/bar/food?? I've never been to either, and am kinda of undecided as to what to do first. It seems like the Scout Seats (with being right behind home plate) would be better, becuase theyre closer...but obviously I know Jim Beam Club is where the press box used to be and I'm sure the view from there is incredible as well. If you had to choose.....???

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ May 14, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
Thanks for the review Rock, it defintiely sounds like a worth while experience. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for when Jason might have some other games go up for sale in the future.

So compared to the Scout Seats, basically the same as far as service/bar/food?? I've never been to either, and am kinda of undecided as to what to do first. It seems like the Scout Seats (with being right behind home plate) would be better, becuase theyre closer...but obviously I know Jim Beam Club is where the press box used to be and I'm sure the view from there is incredible as well. If you had to choose.....???

When i sat in the scout seats in 05 the food was different as far as the buffet goes. The entire catering service is Levy Restaurants, which is a pretty good company. I assume the buffet foods are the same, and I know for a fact the in seat food is the same except they didnt have peanuts (which I ALWAYS NEED). If I had to choose I would probably go for the Jim Beam club. The scout seats are closer and its neat to sit there because you know that everyone around you is jealous (and you are), but the angle and the netting isnt as good as Jim Beam. Also you have to walk roughly 50-100 feet to get into the bar, bathroom, etc etc. The Beam club is right behind your seats, the bathrooms are immaculate and its just an overall nice place. I hope to get back there soon for sure.

Quick edit: Jim Beam club is alot like you going to a game in the most premium of skyboxes, without having to buy it for the season, or bring 15 of your friends.

Edited by RockRaines

Ok, thanks that helps alot. Sounds like Jim Beam Club is the way to go for VIP White Sox baseball experience. So just to get this straight, both scout seats and JB club have the buffet and drinks included?? How long was the bar open?? The proximity to the seats sounds like the best bonus the club has to offer.

I've had the Levy buffet before at the Stadium Club, and that was top notch. I'm sure these cluibs have much more extensive selections though.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Ok, thanks that helps alot. Sounds like Jim Beam Club is the way to go for VIP White Sox baseball experience. So just to get this straight, both scout seats and JB club have the buffet and drinks included?? How long was the bar open?? The proximity to the seats sounds like the best bonus the club has to offer.

I've had the Levy buffet before at the Stadium Club, and that was top notch. I'm sure these cluibs have much more extensive selections though.

The free booze cuts off in the 8th. With that in mind I was the first person into the club, and we were 6-7 beers deep at first pitch no problem. They also serve top notch liquor for free like Belvedere, saphire etc. You can basically get whatever you want no problem. The buffet was very good. I also chose to order a hot dog and a brat in my seat, and they were both awesome as well. You also get a VIP parking pass with your tickets, and i literally parked 50 feet from gate 4.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)

I'm not sure that question was directly answered. It looks like drinks are free. Is the buffet free as well?

I might be able to eat enough to make the price of the ticket worthwhile....

:D

Edit- I guess the best way to phrase my question is, "what do you get for free in the Jim Beam Club?"

Edited by Balance

QUOTE(Balance @ May 14, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
I'm not sure that question was directly answered. It looks like drinks are free. Is the buffet free as well?

I might be able to eat enough to make the price of the ticket worthwhile....

:D

Edit- I guess the best way to phrase my question is, "what do you get for free in the Jim Beam Club?"

Everything you want, buffet, food in the seats, mixed drinks, shots, beers. Whatever you want. You also have a private souvenir shop.

Its worth the price of the ticket.

Yeah it sounds great but isn't it like $300 per person. I dont really think thats a realistic scenario for most of us to consider when attending a sox game. I make good money and support only myself and I got no problem paying like $60-$80 to get a good seat to a good game, but $300+ is a little extreme. Seems of more of like a b-day, graduation, fathers day present thing.

QUOTE(joeynach @ May 14, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
Yeah it sounds great but isn't it like $300 per person. I dont really think thats a realistic scenario for most of us to consider when attending a sox game. I make good money and support only myself and I got no problem paying like $60-$80 to get a good seat to a good game, but $300+ is a little extreme. Seems of more of like a b-day, graduation, fathers day present thing.

It is pricey, dont get me wrong, we like to do something like this once a year. A special ocasion would be perfect.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
The free booze cuts off in the 8th. With that in mind I was the first person into the club, and we were 6-7 beers deep at first pitch no problem.

Alcoholic.

sounds awesome...gotta do this.

I was able to get a few from Jason as well. So kudos to him.

I'll post my thoughts after I get a chance to check this out as well. I only get to maybe 5 games a year because of my work schedule, so the price to me is totally worth it, and I'm looking forward to this.

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

I was in the Jim Beam club last night. Well, for about 90 minutes I was. Everyone had to leave at around 6:45.

I can't top the comments Rock made to start this thread. If you ever have the chance to get tickets get them. Just an amazing atmosphere and the view is insane.

I'm not even sure what to say other than this was so damn awesome. Free food and drinks, and an awesome view. Plus I get to go back now in August, so it's like a 2-for-1 deal in my eyes.

YAY~!~!~!