5/14

whitesoxfan101

Well since finals are over, my job doesn't start until a week from today, and Charlotte starts at 11:15 AM today (and Kanny starts a doubleheader at 4:05), figured I'd fire up the roundup thread today.

Knights host Norfolk at 11:15 AM (Heath on the bump vs. Garrett Olson)

Birmingham tries to rebound from last night, hosting Mississippi at 7:05 in Hoover with Gio on the mound vs. Francisley Bueno, who has been pretty malo in letting opponents hit .301 against him this year (I had to...I'm sorry, couldn't resist, lol).

Winston-Salem hosts Salem (I sure love when they play, that's not confusing) at 6

Kanny has a doubleheader at Savannah, game 1 is a 4:05 start

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Toby Hall has left the building with a 3 run homer (and he hit it off a lefty, who knew?) 3-2 Knights heading to the 5th.

Also, amazingly, Heath had allowed 5 hits and 5 walks in the first 3 innings, yet he only gave up 2 runs and has 4 k's (and he just threw a perfect top of the 4th).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Montgomery 4, Birmingham 3 (11 innings)

Getz 3-4, BB, K

Gio 5 IP, 2 R, 4 K, 2 BB, 4 hits

Winston-Salem 8, Salem 7

Cunningham 2-5, 2B, 2 R

Schnurstein 2-4, 2 2B, RBI, R, 2 K

Ricks 2-2, 2 2B, 2 R, 2 BB

Kannapolis 7, Savannah 5 (Game 1)

Carter 1-3, HR, BB

Hernandez 1-3, 2B, RBI, BB, K while playing 3rd

Edwards 4.1 IP, 4 R

Savannah 6, Kannapolis 5 (Game 2)

Shelby back to 2nd, Hernandez back to C.

Getz is playing like he knows there might be a 2B job in Chicago open next spring. IF (huge if) he can hit .300 this year and stay healthy, he has to be considered. Good to see Cunningham have a good night finally, and Gio with a decent, workmanlike outing. Also cool to see Omogrosso pitch well, but ugh Edwards.

And speaking of playing like you know a job above you might be available, Carter and Schnurstein both are begging for promotions with their play right now, and based on what we are playing at their spots above them, they might get their wish. And damn Hernandez is raking at Kanny, but why did they move Shelby back to 2B for game 2?

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 15, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
Ricks 2-2, 2 2B, 2 R, 2 BB

Damn, haven't heard about Ricks in a long time. Glad to see he's still alive. On another note, I love how Schnur is just knockin the cover off the ball. I've long been a big fan (1st b/c of his cool-sounding name, then b/c of actual performance, lol) since we drafted him out of Basic HS (NV). He's definitely still young enough to warrant a promotion to see what he can do another level higher.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 15, 2007 -> 01:15 AM)
Damn, haven't heard about Ricks in a long time. Glad to see he's still alive. On another note, I love how Schnur is just knockin the cover off the ball. I've long been a big fan (1st b/c of his cool-sounding name, then b/c of actual performance, lol) since we drafted him out of Basic HS (NV). He's definitely still young enough to warrant a promotion to see what he can do another level higher.

Um, what performance are you talking about? You mean the last four seasons where Schnurstein has put up OPSes of .650, .697, .747 and .599?

Unless he can finish out the season at Birmingham and put up .300/.400/.500 numbers, he isn't a prospect.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
Um, what performance are you talking about?

Hmm, maybe I should have been more clear. What I meant was that I was instantly a fan b/c of both his name and then his numbers he put up his first year in Arizona, where he broke the record for doubles in a season and looked to possibly grow into a big-time power threat. That's what made me start liking the guy.