First Vernon Wells..Now Ken Griffey Jr.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=263990044

heckler-with-griffeys-jock-240.jpg

Check out the link...

This fan was heckling Griffey at a Dodger game. Griffey started to notice the guy, and said a few things back to the guy, calling him fat and saying he couldn't touch the threads of his jock. The fan said a few things back to Griffey, and after the 6th, Griffey goes over to the guy with a brown paper bag, not leaving until he opens it. Once he opens it, everyone starts laughing, as it's literally Griffey's jock strap.

Awesome stuff.

Not a surprise, it's kinda a little known fact that his original nickname of "The Kid" was much more about how much of a practical joker he is than it was his age (although it fit in both cases). He is one of the real good guys in the game, and obviously when you consider he is going to retire with 600 homers and double digit gold gloves and people will STILL say "what if he had stayed healthy?"....he's pretty good.

Griff is at .336/.446/.589/1.035 right now BTW with 7 homers and 6 doubles, as well as 23 RBI in 107 AB's, and even has 3 stolen bases, which is the most he's had since he had 6 in his first year with the Reds in 2000. He's not exactly washed up.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I really wish Griffey had gotten to stay healthy and was the one making a run at Aaron. It would have been nice to see a good guy break the record, not only for the good of the game, but also so we would have to hear about "racism" being why people don't want Bonds to break the record.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2007 -> 07:23 AM)
I really wish Griffey had gotten to stay healthy and was the one making a run at Aaron. It would have been nice to see a good guy break the record, not only for the good of the game, but also so we would have to hear about "racism" being why people don't want Bonds to break the record.

I don't hear that very often. Where've you heard that more than once or twice?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 15, 2007 -> 01:24 PM)
I don't hear that very often. Where've you heard that more than once or twice?

It's been all over, but most recently that stupid study that was performed. However, it all makes no sense, since Hank Aaron owns the record.

If this was Griffey a handful of HRs away from the record, this would be a lot better and bigger thing for baseball.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
It's been all over, but most recently that stupid study that was performed. However, it all makes no sense, since Hank Aaron owns the record.

If this was Griffey a handful of HRs away from the record, this would be a lot better and bigger thing for baseball.

Throw Alex Rodriguez into that bunch as well. I would also say on the other side of things if lilly white Mark McGwire was within 10 of the record, he would be getting tons of grief as well. I really believe that is the reason he quit when he did... He saw the writing on the wall.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
Throw Alex Rodriguez into that bunch as well. I would also say on the other side of things if lilly white Mark McGwire was within 10 of the record, he would be getting tons of grief as well. I really believe that is the reason he quit when he did... He saw the writing on the wall.

I'll disagree on this one. I think the reason Mac retired when he did was that his body was breaking down after all the years of being pumped up via chemistry. His last 2 years, he had 236 and 299 at bats, respectively. He still hit about 30 home runs each year, but he couldn't stay on the field.