I never knowlingly used?

This is incredible. From George Will in Newsweek:

According to Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, the San Francisco Chronicle reporters who wrote "Game of Shadows: Barry Bonds, BALCO, and the Steroids Scandal That Rocked Professional Sports," Mike Murphy, equipment manager of the San Francisco Giants, testified that since Bonds became a Giant in 1993, the size of his uniform jersey has gone from 42 to 52. His cap size has expanded from 7 1/8 to 7 1/4, even though while it was expanding he shaved his head. (Bonds reportedly shaved his head because his hair was falling out as a result of steroid use.) And Fainaru-Wada and Williams also say Murphy testified that Bonds's baseball shoe size has changed from 10½ to 13.

Who needs Flintstones?

That's incredible. I have a bigger head than post juice Barry (7 3/4) and my feet are nearly as big (I wear a 12 or 12.5, depending on brand). I should be way bigger than 6'0, 175 apparently.

But in all seriousness, those are some astonishing size increases and body changes, it's like he is a human science project or something. But remember, we're just racist for not wanting Bonds to break the home run record of another african-american, right ESPN?

The size thing has been debated for years. Just look at picture of Barry in a Pirates uniform and today.

The jersey size is not as big of a deal as the head and foot size. Those are hard to justify, except for the fact that many people believe that Barry always had a big head (ego-wise).

bonds2f878b5bre8.th.jpg

223274622f887c72lx9.th.jpg vs bonds3272f88e81cho9.th.jpg

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
The size thing has been debated for years. Just look at picture of Barry in a Pirates uniform and today.

The jersey size is not as big of a deal as the head and foot size. Those are hard to justify, except for the fact that many people believe that Barry always had a big head (ego-wise).

Those size increases in hat and shoe are smoking gun proof he used, if true. Those size increases do not happen in your mid to late 30's, it's impossible.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
Those size increases in hat and shoe are smoking gun proof he used, if true. Those size increases do not happen in your mid to late 30's, it's impossible.

Yeah, the head and feet don't grow naturally that late unless you have some sort of disease. However, 10 sizes in a jersey is possible (very unlikely) because he could wear a baggier jersey compared to the skin tight jerseys of the 80's.

Either way, we all know he used something artificial to obtain that size.

Now my question is, can you maintain that size without supplementation?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 14, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)

bonds2f878b5bre8.th.jpg

223274622f887c72lx9.th.jpg vs bonds3272f88e81cho9.th.jpg

56f3_1.JPG

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)

McGwire has lost 60 pounds since he retired, which is evidence to prove the answer is no (which I would have suspected anyway). There are a lot of retired NFL offensive lineman that have lost quite a bit of weight too.

He would have to eat like 220 grams of protein a day and stay in the gym 2-3 hours a day to keep that size, which is kind of the opposite reason he would take steroids, easy gain. I guess I'm the big head of the group with a size 8 head and 13 shoes. But then I'm only 6'2 190 pounds.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)

Nope, once you stop using steroids you pretty much lose everything you gained on them..