White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
So if Torre keeps burning through his BP in this game, who will he pitch in the evening game when we hit their starter again?

A-Rod.

(no green necessary)

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
I really want Gio, Russell and Danks to be in the same rotation. I feel like their stuff is so nasty to face back to back to back.

In my opinion, Gonzalez is a non-factor in the MLB. Those slight-of-build guys don't project well...yeah, yeah, Oswalt...shove it.

Russell, on the other hand, is really intriguing. He may very well end up being a very pleasant surprise.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
In my opinion, Gonzalez is a non-factor in the MLB. Those slight-of-build guys don't project well...yeah, yeah, Oswalt...shove it.

Russell, on the other hand, is really intriguing. He may very well end up being a very pleasant surprise.

Pedro is small as well.

His stuff is nasty, we shall see what happen.

Russell is a wild card to me. His stuff is nasty, he is a big guy and seems to learn new things quickly.

Aardsma staying in there, Jorge is killing all pitching these days, so not like that matters. Thornton and Mac getting loose.

2-2 count to Posada, and HE GONE on a nasty pitch that just dropped off the table. Posada and his .376 average takes a seat.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
Danks is getting better and better each time he goes out there. I hope he will be rested enough to go back out there on sunday.

This kids MO, is that he is the youngest kid at whatever level he is at, he takes his lumps getting better, and then at the end of the year he does well.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that doesn't happen...managers are very reluctant to put themselves in a situation without a viable backup catcher.

If Pierzynski DH's, that puts Mackowiak in the emergency C role and, quite frankly, that just scares the hell out of me.

Sorry that is a stupid idea on my part.

The rally really got me dizzy along with AJ getting a hit off a leftie.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:18 PM)
This kids MO, is that he is the youngest kid at whatever level he is at, he takes his lumps getting better, and then at the end of the year he does well.

it's early in the year and he's doing well. If he improves more... :ph34r:

2-0 count to Matsui, and a rare borderline strike goes our way, 2-1. Godzilla barely foul tips a high gasser, 2-2. Breaking ball misses, full count. Fouls off a heater to keep it full with Phelps on deck. NASTY fastball on the hands turns into a groundout to Gooch, 2 gone.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
Pedro is small as well.

His stuff is nasty, we shall see what happen.

Russell is a wild card to me. His stuff is nasty, he is a big guy and seems to learn new things quickly.

...and let's talk about Pedro's durability.

Pedro is a Hall of Famer...suffice to say he may be the exception to the rule. I would certainly not put many eggs into the Gonzalez basket and still imagine there was a better return out there for Garcia.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)
...and let's talk about Pedro's durability.

Pedro is a Hall of Famer...suffice to say he may be the exception to the rule. I would certainly not put many eggs into the Gonzalez basket and still imagine there was a better return out there for Garcia.

Danks or Garcia starting. Who do you trust more?

Aardsma falls behind 2-0 again, and make it behind 3-0 to Phelps. Abreu on deck, he'd probably get Thornton if Phelps reaches. 3-1 is hit deep, and damn that thing went about 415 feet into the wind. 5-3 Sox.

Yep, here comes Thornton to face Abreu.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
Danks or Garcia starting. Who do you trust more?

I'll take the perennial 200IP pitcher, thank you.

I really don't see where a Garcia v. Danks situation would have presented itself.

Still, Danks is the real deal. Love. That. Kid.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
I would certainly not put many eggs into the Gonzalez basket and still imagine there was a better return out there for Garcia.

well, i agree that Gio reminds me more of Jim Parque than Pedro Martinez. But do we really need to bring up that stale and lame "We should have got more for Garcia!" argument?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
2-0 count to Matsui, and a rare borderline strike goes our way, 2-1. Godzilla barely foul tips a high gasser, 2-2. Breaking ball misses, full count. Fouls off a heater to keep it full with Phelps on deck. NASTY fastball on the hands turns into a groundout to Gooch, 2 gone.

Thanks. If only Ed Farmer could paint the picture of the game like that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
Aardsma falls behind 2-0 again, and make it behind 3-0 to Phelps. Abreu on deck, he'd probably get Thornton if Phelps reaches. 3-1 is hit deep, and damn that thing went about 415 feet into the wind. 5-3 Sox.

Yep, here comes Thornton to face Abreu.

The count got him. Have to pitch strikes dude.

Lets go Matt!!!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
I'll take the perennial 200IP pitcher, thank you.

I really don't see where a Garcia v. Danks situation would have presented itself.

Still, Danks is the real deal. Love. That. Kid.

trading Garcia opened up the slot for Danks... eventually. Yeah, Danks is great!