White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 16, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
Erstad's defense is overrated, mmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

His jumps are bad, mmhmmmmmmmmmmmm

His reads aren't good enough, mmhmmmmmmmmmmm

I love Erstad.

How anybody could ever bash his D is beyond me.

He covered a lot of ground there. I was telling the haters that they would be surprised if that ankle was healthy just how good he would be and since the Sox signed him I always assumed it was fine. Jason was the only other person I remember saying the same thing though I'm sure there were others. We had seen Erstad at his best since we're in California and though he's older you can see he still has a good amount of speed.

Has Erstad smiled once since being in a Sox uni? I've yet to see it, perhaps he has no teeth or just really bad breath and does not want to open his mouth. Is it possible that he's so grindy he refuses to ever show any sort of emotion during baseball season?

Good baserunning Mac ! Now we need a 2 out basehit to score the run . Lets go Ryan !

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 16, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
Has Erstad smiled once since being in a Sox uni? I've yet to see it, perhaps he has no teeth or just really bad breath and does not want to open his mouth. Is it possible that he's so grindy he refuses to ever show any sort of emotion during baseball season?

He's a notorious tobacco chewer. You don't smile much with that big chaw in your grill.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 16, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
He covered a lot of ground there. I was telling the haters that they would be surprised if that ankle was healthy just how good he would be and since the Sox signed him I always assumed it was fine. Jason was the only other person I remember saying the same thing though I'm sure there were others. We had seen Erstad at his best since we're in California and though he's older you can see he still has a good amount of speed.

He's exactly what we were afraid of...

A low OBP hitter with little power...

And as Hawk continues to talk about all the great things he brings to the club, how his grinderishnessitude rubs off on those around him, maybe it's time to blame him for the incredible display of futility throughout our lineup.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 16, 2007 -> 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And as Hawk continues to talk about all the great things he brings to the club, how his grinderishnessitude rubs off on those around him, maybe it's time to blame him for the incredible display of futility throughout our lineup.

:lol:

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 16, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)

I don't think you even believe what you just said. You're going to blame one guy for the whole team hitting like crap ? Thats just scapegoatism at its very worst or is it best? :P

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 16, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)

:huh

Some people are never satisfied...

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 16, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
I don't think you even believe what you just said. You're going to blame one guy for the whole team hitting like crap ? Thats just scapegoatism at its very worst or is it best? :P

No, I'm just turning around the credit he gets for unquanifiable things he has zero control on right back on to him.