White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/16/07 Lets Play Two!! (W), (L)

RME JICO

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 17, 2007 -> 03:20 AM)
When is this f***ing team going to hit like a medicore team.

They're missing three main offensive players, all of whom have injuries that shouldn't bother them when they return. They'll be fine....there's too much talent.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2007 -> 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're missing three main offensive players, all of whom have injuries that shouldn't bother them when they return. They'll be fine....there's too much talent.

With the amount of research Hawk spends on the history of baseball, I have to believe this is a greatest team to ever have a slump like this.

Contreras got by a lot longer with his mediocre fastball a lot longer than I thought he would. Our starting pitchers are getting into a bad habit of giving up runs right after we score them. Oh well, I'm happy with a split today.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 17, 2007 -> 03:23 AM)
With the amount of research Hawk spends on the history of baseball, I have to believe this is a greatest team to ever have a slump like this.

It is....Dick Williams confirmed it for him.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 16, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
Is this Sox team destined to finish .490?

Hawk said we have had the toughest schedule to start the season in the history of the universe.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 17, 2007 -> 03:24 AM)
Is this Sox team destined to finish .490?

Our pitching can only perform as well as it has for so long. When it gets hot out and the ball starts jumping, we're going to suck if the offense doesn't start having better at-bats.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 17, 2007 -> 03:24 AM)
Erstad probably couldn't have got to that one. He got a good job getting it in at least, and I admire the effort.

No offense GP, but this is the type of post that just irritates the hell out of me right now. He didn't catch it...that's fine. Not everything he does have to be complimented though. There was nothing good or bad about that play. Running into the wall isn't always the smartest thing.