Yankees or Cubs?

watchtower41

Yankees or Cubs??  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather sweep this week?

• Yankees
    • Cubs

The only way I'd say Cubs is if the White Sox were a bottom-dwelling team with nothing else to play for. And since I'm counting on contending for at least a wild card...Yankees.

The other thing is that there's only one team in baseball I will always root against and that team is the Yankees. My blood runs a little colder every time I see a Yankee cap.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
Teams I would rather sweep instead of the Cubs...

Twins

Indians

Tigers

Royals

Angels

Mariners

Rangers

Athletics

Yankees

Blue Jays

Orioles

Red Sox

Devil Rays

See a win vs the Cubs actually counts for 1 win in the standings, not a half a win or some other figure. So i'd certainly rather sweep the cross town rivals than a team like the devil rays, who won't be in any sort of wild card race.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ May 15, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
Like your attitude. I would love to sweep both. Also, I'm liking Waddle and Silvy in the morning on my way to work. I think they are becoming very good.

They could have put Bozo and Cookie on to replace Salisbury and Rosenbloom and it would have been a significant upgrade. I agree though, I'm liking what Silvy and Waddle have to offer in the mornings so far. Thank the good lord no more Rosenblog, although we never did hear what happened with those two....and probably never will?

Now that weve had quite a few votes in here, I can say we are very close to what they had this morning.

They had 64% Yankees 36% Cubs.

Silvy was kinda surprised at the results, but its not like the majority of Sox fans are unknowledgeable baseball fans.

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 15, 2007 -> 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh..Yankees. This isn't even a question.

Why's that? The Yankees aren't a divisonal rival.

The only thing tiebreakers are worth are for home field advantage. There are too many team in the wild card chase right now (and at the end of the season it will be the same) so a simple series win doesn't mean a damn thing.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 15, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
Why's that? The Yankees aren't a divisonal rival.

The only thing tiebreakers are worth are for home field advantage. There are too many team in the wild card chase right now (and at the end of the season it will be the same) so a simple series win doesn't mean a damn thing.

You keep a team that you could possibly be fighting with for a playoff spot from winning games.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ May 15, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)
If the Sox swept the flubs, I would be talking about it for years.

Years? You really need a life...

Yankees, no doubt. Doesn't hurt that I'm from NJ, so I have an undying hatred of everything Yankee, but yea, the fact that they are in the AL and pose more of a threat to the Sox making the playoffs doesn't hurt either.