Yankees or Cubs?

watchtower41

Yankees or Cubs??  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather sweep this week?

• Yankees
    • Cubs

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
:headbang I don't want to win every game, just the next one.

exactly...this question is the same as "Who would you rather sweep...KC or TB" I just want the left hand number in the record to increase....

Cubs for the rivalry factor. To quote Allen Iverson (well kind of), "We're talking about tiebreakers!" The baseball season is 162 games, I'm not going to be picky about who the Sox get the wins against. A win against the Cubs counts just as much as the Yankees. To prevent the Yankees from winning more games is really petty. Besides, they really aren't in the playoff picture this year even though they probably will be.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 16, 2007 -> 03:07 AM)
Cubs for the rivalry factor. To quote Allen Iverson (well kind of), "We're talking about tiebreakers!" The baseball season is 162 games, I'm not going to be picky about who the Sox get the wins against. A win against the Cubs counts just as much as the Yankees. To prevent the Yankees from winning more games is really petty. Besides, they really aren't in the playoff picture this year even though they probably will be.

Actually the Yankees have a better shot than any of the teams that don't win the AL Central. The Sox, Tigers, Indians, and Twins are going to beat each other up, while the Sawks and Yankees beat up on Toronto, Baltimore, and Tampa all season. By the time the pennant race comes around, more overall wins is going to be very important, especially considering the WC is usually decided by a game or two.

I voted Yankees because it is the "smart" thing. But seriously, we *might* be in a race with the Yankees for a wild card spot. We *will* be around Cub fans all year. Plus I was a north suburb kind of guy, so losses to the Cubs were even more nasty. So I'd like to change my vote. Cuck the Fubs. :gosox3:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 16, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
Yankees.

Sorry but I despise the "Evil Empire" more than anyone in baseball.

And that is great for baseball. If baseball didn't have the Yankees, they would need to invent them.

I hate them both with a fiery, burning passion. But Yankees fans have become parodies of themselves so they're easier to laugh at. Actually I guess Cubs fans have too with their insane adoration of mid-ranged pitching. Regardless, I have more Cub fans as friends and they need to be knocked down a peg. The Yankees losing to the Sawks this season is enough humiliation for me to enjoy.

That said, the Cubs fans are more used to losing than Yanks fans are so maybe I should switch my vote.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 16, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)

Preventing a team that could possibly be fighting for you with a playoff spot from winning 3 games certainly isn't petty.