Herpes Good For You?

sox4lifeinPA

I promise I won't make a habit of this.... but c'mon...look at the researcher's name...Did the onion hack Foxnews.com???

Bless You, Foxnews....

The herpes family of viruses can have a surprising upside — it can protect against the bubonic plague and other bacterial contagions, at least in mice.

Research into whether a similar mechanism applies to humans and other mammalian hosts should be conducted, said viral immunologist Skip Virgin at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. "There may be symbiotic advantages to chronic infections with these viruses."

These new results do not mean people should go out and get infected with herpes, Virgin stressed. They probably already are.

Nearly all humans become infected with multiple herpes virus family members during childhood. These germs not only include the herpes simplex viruses, which lead to cold sores and possibly genital herpes, but also the diseases responsible for chickenpox and "mono," as well as several less well-known ailments.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 17, 2007 -> 11:15 AM)
Yes, it is fun. Have you figured out my screen name yet?

let me guess...."Texsox" either that or "undeadscoutleader"

I'm debating a new character named "phoneyboner"....just cos it sounds hilarious.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 17, 2007 -> 11:54 AM)
I thought that you "retired"?

If people would stop talking to me, I would stay retired.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 17, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
So you don't know my screen name? :lolhitting This is fun.

are you in Santlerville??

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ May 17, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
are you in Santlerville??

Pay attention the next few days, you'll figure it out. Now that you are looking. BTW, a Scout always carries binoculars ;-)

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:45 AM)
Not me. And btw lifetime, we're even.

ok, so you are a pker.....but I have a secret. so depending WHO you are (Ghoulius Caesar is my next guess) I'm actually winning, by a lot.

wait.... yosemiteclimber??

True Story...I'm at the game Tuesday, you know, the one that never occurred...and I have a cold sore on my lip. This drunk b**** comes up to me, points at my face, and says, you have Herpes. She then pretends to touch it and wipe it on my friend. So, I asked home much to see her tits! Great fun.

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:47 AM)
ok, so you are a pker.....but I have a secret. so depending WHO you are (Ghoulius Caesar is my next guess) I'm actually winning, by a lot.

wait.... yosemiteclimber??

I have waaaaay less time in the game then you do.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
I'm so confused....

Just providing a hint, as you look for me among the living and the dead . . . I won't be on this weekend, honestly I forget about the game.