Cintron back; Gonzalez back to AAA

Mr. Showtime

CHICAGO -- Prior to tonight's game vs. the New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox infielder Alex Cintron was reinstated from the bereavement list, and the club optioned infielder Andy Gonzalez to Class AAA Charlotte.

Cintron, 28, has been on the bereavement list since Saturday. He is hitting .128 (5-39) with one RBI in 14 games with the White Sox this season.

Gonzalez, 25, is hitless in two at-bats with the White Sox in 2007. He is batting .259 (22-85) with two home runs and 13 RBI in 25 games with the Knights.

LINK

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
Slowly the roster is coming back together... I can't wait til Big Jim is ready to go.

I am shocked that we are still over .500 with him out. Hopefully he can kick start the rest of the offense into gear.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 17, 2007 -> 08:28 AM)
I am shocked that we are still over .500 with him out. Hopefully he can kick start the rest of the offense into gear.

Its pretty amazing that we are, where we are. By all rights, this team should be 5 games under .500 with the offense and situational hitting that we have seen. I think Thome being back might be the jolt that is needed to take pressure off of some key guys.

QUOTE(max power @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
What the hell is a bereavement list anyway?

If there is a problem with a player that is not an injury, they are allowed like 8 days off; it is essentially a mini DL that allows for you to call up a minor league player in the case of like a family illness or death. I'm not sure how far it extends, as in if you can take it for like legal troubles or a honeymoon or even an injury itself, but calling it a mini or shortened DL is probably the best way of stating it.