White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/18/07 (L)

BearSox

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
1-2 already on Uribe. At least Sweeney is in the hole. Should've played him over Terrero in the first place. Of course Ozzie Guillen's too much of an idiot.

You can't have Sweeney face Lilly. That's a lefty lefty match!! Are you kidding!!

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
I see. I didn't realize we went undefeated in games against teams with worse records in 2005.

No, but we won virtually every close game we had. We probably have more blown saves this year than we did in all of 2005. My grandma could have managed a team well with 3 lights out relievers.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
Honestly, this site is almost unbearable these days, and I don't understand it at all.

We keep winning series and some people will never stop being negative about every little thing no matter what the sox do in terms of the big picture.

Seriously, things like "this team is finished" and "might as well not bother showing up" and "fire kenny and ozzie right now" should be reserved for times when we are:

a) losing 7 of 10

B) in 4th or 5th place

c) losing series

d) losing a single series this month

e) losing series

Yes we keep winning series but until we go on a long win streak (which I don't see) this team will be a third or fourth place team OZZIE just concedes way too many game 3 this week

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
I see. I didn't realize we went undefeated in games against teams with worse records in 2005.

You're missing my point. In a game you are up 3-1 in the bottom of the 7th with 2 out and nobody on, you need to win.

QUOTE(striker62704 @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
Ozzie will never learn that MacDougal sucks. You have Aardsma, with an ERA under 2 and more k's than innings pitched. OR You have MacDougal with an ERA over 5 and a WHIP of about 2. I'm so sick of Ozzie's stupidity. The choice is so obvious but he's so F32king stupid. His ignorance has cost us at least 5 games.

Please don't wake up tomorrow Ozzie.

We've scored quite a few less runs than we've given up.

By Pythagorean, we should be 3-4 games under .500, not over .500.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:59 PM)
You're missing my point. In a game you are up 3-1 in the bottom of the 7th with 2 out and nobody on, you need to win.

You still have your Ozzie apologists out there who think he can do no wrong.

I, fortunately, am no longer one of them.

You are exactly right, there are games you need to win for various reasons and this is one of them. No way can you excuse this loss.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)

Yup, now change your avatar, Dick!

Edited by Brian