Motherf***ingdips***dumbass Ozzie

aboz56

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
According to Guillen in his post-game interview, MacDougal pitched the ball well.

Was he watching a replay of yesterday's game?

Protecting his players.

I'm not mad at Ozzie for today. I think all of you who are wrong as hell, but that's just me.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
Protecting his players.

I'm not mad at Ozzie for today. I think all of you who are wrong as hell, but that's just me.

The Ozzie blame for this game is definitely overblown....I think it's a combo of losing to the Cubs and his immature act on the radio today. However, would you agree it's not a good idea to bring in MacDougal anymore when a lefty is up?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
Does it bother you when our mediocre players have been winning?

Well, our offense is hardly full of mediocre plays, but good players just sucking, and that bothers me a ton. And our pitching isn't mediocre, as I have always thought Vazquez, Garland, and Buehrle were all still good pitchers. I was surprised by Jose doing good, and I expected Danks to do good but not this good.

It pisses me off that a pitcher with the stuff MacDougal has sucks and chokes. I have been pleasantly surprised by Aardsma, and Sisco has been good.

A very big difference if you ask me.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Well, our offense is hardly full of mediocre plays, but good players just sucking, and that bothers me a ton. And our pitching isn't mediocre, as I have always thought Vazquez, Garland, and Buehrle were all still good pitchers. I was surprised by Jose doing good, and I expected Danks to do good but not this good.

It pisses me off that a pitcher with the stuff MacDougal has sucks and chokes. I have been pleasantly surprised by Aardsma, and Sisco has been good.

A very big difference if you ask me.

We've been giving Mackowiak, Ozuna and whoever we play at LF/DH an awful lot of atbats, none of who should start for any team.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Protecting his players.

I wish he'd protect BA like that. :P

Seriously though, I agree with you. I think people are just freaking since it's the Cubs.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
We've been giving Mackowiak, Ozuna and whoever we play at LF/DH an awful lot of atbats, none of who should start for any team.

I'm all for calling up Fields now to see if he can provide a spark against LHP.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)

Well, if Konerko and Crede were hitting, we could handle having Mack or Ozuna out there.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)

I wish he'd protect BA like that. :P

Seriously though, I agree with you. I think people are just freaking since it's the Cubs.

I really wonder what Anderson has done for Ozzie to dislike him so much. This isn't bashing Ozzie....it just seems amazing that he can go out of his way so much for some guys, and have such disgust for a few others.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:54 PM)

He is having enough trouble hitting in AAA this season it seems, I definitely dont want him in the majors unless Joe is going to be out for an extended amount of time.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
Pagan has just as much athleticism and skill as any of our outfielders besides Jermaine Dye (I know he's slow, but he has that thing known as hitting talent).

...mac threw a first pitch fastball and he knew it was coming and got a hit. anyone batting would have known it was coming..

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
How soon until the Fields project? We need a thirdbaseman who can hit and field. Right now, we have one that can't do either in Ozuna, and one who can only field in Crede.

Something has to be done.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
He is having enough trouble hitting in AAA this season it seems, I definitely dont want him in the majors unless Joe is going to be out for an extended amount of time.

I thought he's still crushing lefties though?

It's just too bad that all the political s*** happened over the offseason and we never let Fields get some playing time in left field.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
...mac threw a first pitch fastball and he knew it was coming and got a hit. anyone batting would have known it was coming..

That is one issue I had. I like Mac when he sets up his breaking stuff and uses his fastball off of that instead of the other way around. He has nasty movement on his fastball, but way too often that movement takes it back to the middle of the plate.

I would've also liked AJ in to catch him. He's extremely difficult to catch for someone who never has.

People here seem mostly to be complaining about the weak offense, Ozzie's managing, and MMac's inability to pitch in the clutch.

To me, the biggest worries are the lousy defensive play, and wondering whether or not Hall will really be effective as a backup C (if he is healthy enough, specifically). MMac worries me a bit too, but not as much.

We lost against a tough pitcher on the road, and we are just now getting back a couple key pieces, so I am not gravely concerned about the offense right now. They will come around (some of them at least).

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
That is one issue I had. I like Mac when he sets up his breaking stuff and uses his fastball off of that instead of the other way around. He has nasty movement on his fastball, but way too often that movement takes it back to the middle of the plate.

I would've also liked AJ in to catch him. He's extremely difficult to catch for someone who never has.

The only two mistakes I really put on Ozzie today in the game were bringing in MacDougal to face a lefty hitter, and not bringing in AJP to catch in the bottom of the 7th. I know that no one cares, but there's a reason I'm not lumping this game along with the two I mention in my signature.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Pagan's been crushing the ball over the last two weeks.

im not trying to say that he sucks or got lucky. im just saying that any other hitter could have done what he did in that situation. i think everyone knew it was a fastball coming.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
im not trying to say that he sucks or got lucky. im just saying that any other hitter could have done what he did in that situation. i think everyone knew it was a fastball coming.

MacDougal is probably the last pitcher on our team who regularly throws a first pitch fastball down the plate.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Well, our offense is hardly full of mediocre players, but good players just sucking, and that bothers me a ton.

Your comment bothers me a ton. Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you people?

I count 3 "good" offensive players on the Sox:

-Dye

-Konerko

-Thome (when healthy)

I count 3 average hitters on the Sox:

-Gooch

-Crede

-A.J.

I count 3 below-average hitters on the Sox:

-Erstad

-Uribe

-Whoever is in LF

Tell me, where are all of these good offensive players that all of you talk about so often?

Open your GD eyes.

The bullpen and especially McDougal has been a bit shaky. I want to know what the issue is with Mike M? He has been like gas on the fire the last few appearances. He once had arm problems. Is he pitching hurt again?

Plus you can't give up more than 1 or 2 runs a game with our offense in the toliet like it has been.

The Ozzie blame for this game is definitely overblown....I think it's a combo of losing to the Cubs and his immature act on the radio today. However, would you agree it's not a good idea to bring in MacDougal anymore when a lefty is up?

Mmhmm

PS: Guillen defended Anderson until about late May of last year.

By the way, I thought the SoxTalk rule was no profanity -- edited or not -- in the titles? :P

I don't care either way. I'm all for calling Ozzie a dumbass and someone calling you a dumbass for calling Ozzie a dumbass in addition to a "motherf***ingdips***," but I'm just asking for clarification on how SoxTalk will operate with profanity from now on.

Edited by Gregory Pratt