A sty in my eye

Heads22

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
Anyone got any tips for dealing with these? I've got a pretty bad one on my right eye, and the warm water isn't doing much, as it's gotten worse the last two days.

they have eye drops at Walgreens for sty's. I had one a few years ago and the stuff worked really well.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
Keep putting warm water on a washcloth and hodling it on the sty. Also, be sure to keep it clean and keep your fingers away from it. Best thing to do is just keep[ it clean and it should take care of itself in a few days.

I've been going that route but it hasn't been helping much.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
I've been going that route but it hasn't been helping much.

Step 1: Buy whiskey.

Step 2: Go to kitchen.

Step 3: Grab a paring knife.

Step 4: Drink bottle of whiskey.

Step 5: Cut....

Step 6: Go to hospital.

It's like a clogged tear duct. Often looks kinda like a really small pimple on the edge of your eyelid.

I've been mowing everyday, and it's so dry here, there's dust everywhere, so there's been a ton of dirt in my eyes.

PS, do the next writeup.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ May 21, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Step 1: Buy whiskey.

Step 2: Go to kitchen.

Step 3: Grab a paring knife.

Step 4: Drink bottle of whiskey.

Step 5: Cut....

Step 6: Go to hospital.

That seems about right.

Take 6 table or butter knives and leave them in the freezer for a few hours. Once they're ice cold, take one and press the thicker, handle part of the knife firmly against the sty, hold it in place for about 10 seconds, then flip the knife over and still using the handle side, press it against the sty once again. Then go on to the next knife.

The reason you use so many knives is that they get warm really quickly once you press them against your warm skin.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 23, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
Take 6 table or butter knives and leave them in the freezer for a few hours. Once they're ice cold, take one and press the thicker, handle part of the knife firmly against the sty, hold it in place for about 10 seconds, then flip the knife over and still using the handle side, press it against the sty once again. Then go on to the next knife.

The reason you use so many knives is that they get warm really quickly once you press them against your warm skin.

If that doesn't work...use same knives as in my previous post.