masset start

Bubba Philips

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the cubs will win this game, i mean we've scored 3 runs, thats awesome for us, so we're done scoring this game

and zambrano is 4-1 against us lifetime. and to put the cherry on top, massett will pitch tomorrow. greaaat :chair :angry:

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
So we changed it from Contreras to Masset? That's swell....this series is setting up nicely for the Cubs.

Who gives a crap. I care a lot more about making sure our starters stay fresh all season. Plus, its a good time to see what Masset can do.

The Cubs are just one team and not a very good one at that. This team has won its past few series, has some of the best pitching in baseball, and will get better offensively.

There is no reason to b**** and moan as much as everyone seems to do around here on a daily basis. Why not enjoy the fact that we have very good baseball people running this organization and have the ability to get to another world series.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Who gives a crap. I care a lot more about making sure our starters stay fresh all season. Plus, its a good time to see what Masset can do.

The Cubs are just one team and not a very good one at that. This team has won its past few series, has some of the best pitching in baseball, and will get better offensively.

There is no reason to b**** and moan as much as everyone seems to do around here on a daily basis. Why not enjoy the fact that we have very good baseball people running this organization and have the ability to get to another world series.

I disagree....I don't think this team has a chance to make the playoffs this year. There are too many good team in the AL this year. The Cubs offense is very good, anf if the wind is blowing out tomorrow, Masset likely won't last more than 4 innings. Thus, we're going to destroy our relief core again.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
No one in the front office could've forseen the collective s*** this offense would take.

I honestly believe they were concerned about the offense, but the salaries were too high for them to make the changes they wanted to.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
have the ability to get to another world series.

:o

then so do 15 other teams. This team looks like about 15 other teams...some nice parts to it (starting pitching) and then a lot of crap thrown in.

When Rob Mackowiak is hitting #5 for you (as he did a couple games ago) you know you have issues. Many of our players are aging, fading stars...and our youngster don't appear to be ready, if they ever will be. We don't really have anyone who runs much and it's hard to score on 3 straight singles when you top averaged hitter is around .255.

Cleveland and Detroit are better clubs. Minnesota may be fading out quickly with their injuries, but you never count those guys out.

Why not enjoy the fact that we have very good baseball people running this organization and have the ability to get to another world series.

I'll forever be grateful for the Series title.

But I question our baseball people.

Our talent evaluators think tall relievers who are wild are good.

They are not.

MacD and Sisco are not reliable.

Logan is not ready for prime time.

Massett ... my gawd tomorrow will be ugly.

Thome should have been activated for this series if he's "ready."

He doesn't need minor league at bats.

I don't care if he wouldn't have played against the lefties.

Our lineup sucks without him.

He would have looked good in the lineup today.

(yes I realize we gave up 11 runs).

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
:o

then so do 15 other teams. This team looks like about 15 other teams...some nice parts to it (starting pitching) and then a lot of crap thrown in.

When Rob Mackowiak is hitting #5 for you (as he did a couple games ago) you know you have issues. Many of our players are aging, fading stars...and our youngster don't appear to be ready, if they ever will be. We don't really have anyone who runs much and it's hard to score on 3 straight singles when you top averaged hitter is around .255.

Cleveland and Detroit are better clubs. Minnesota may be fading out quickly with their injuries, but you never count those guys out.

Great post....this offense is really missing some exciting, younger athletic players that can make things happen.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 19, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
I'll forever be grateful for the Series title.

But I question our baseball people.

Our talent evaluators think tall relievers who are wild are good.

They are not.

MacD and Sisco are not reliable.

Logan is not ready for prime time.

Massett ... my gawd tomorrow will be ugly.

Thome should have been activated for this series if he's "ready."

He doesn't need minor league at bats.

I don't care if he wouldn't have played against the lefties.

Our lineup sucks without him.

He would have looked good in the lineup today.

(yes I realize we gave up 11 runs).

Need I remind people that these baseball people have led the team to numerous consecutive winning seasons (albeit only two of the recent seasons resulted in the playoffs, but it is still a tribute to the organization for consistently putting out winning/competitive baseball teams). ANd there were a couple teams that could have had rings and should have had at least made the playoffs.

Need I remind people that these baseball people have led the team to numerous consecutive winning seasons

That's why I'll never blast KW without the disclaimer "thanks for the work

putting together the championship team."

I just think judging this roster you have to admit they totally over-rated our

bullpen.

Erstad is not a difference maker.

Unless we hit homers in bunches we are nothing.

The starting pitching has been great, but the lineup thanks in part to injuries

has been horrid.

But our front office certainly looks stupid right now regarding our outfield

and bullpen.

MacDougal and Sisco are never going to win a World Series.

We need to cut our losses with those 2 and trade 'em.

And Aardsma? C'mon.

Massett tomorrow? It will be a Cub celebration all day long Sunday.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
:sweep:
I'm the biggest sox fan in the world but my daughter married a cub fan therefore their son, 6 year old is a big time cub fan..He Loves Derrick lee. That grandson told me that the sox will win tommorrow because Carlos is pitching. Being a grandpa and knowing where the sox are going I told him Carlos will do ok against us and the cubs will sweep us. ......Actually what I was thinking and not saying is that Zambrano will probably look like Cy Young tommorrow after pitching like crap so far this year........