That's it, blow the whole f***ing thing up

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
You just explained why we need the firesale. Maybe if we trade some of these overpaid, crappy veterans we can actually have some young talent, it's not like we are going anywhere this way. And firing Ozzie ends all problems with him.

Beat me to it.

Our minor league talent is less then special. So get somebody else's. These veterans are not going to expode with potential this late in their career without Gary Matthew's Jr. vitamins.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
its tough..i agree he hasnt been that great a manager, but i like ozzie a lot. i think thats how a lot of people feel, we agree hes not that good of a manager, but we all like him

I can't argue with that either, but he's not a good manager is the only thing that matters, whether or not we like him is not relevant at all.

Its frustrating I know, but what did we all expect one of the better offensive teams in the league vs the worst. If you were expecting our hitting to light them up your out of your mind.

Our starters did their job, not gonna argue that, the bullpen has made mistakes. With few managerial mistakes.

Not to mention the Cubs staff have been a surprise this season, their rotation has been consistent.

Best we can hope for is to get to Big Z tomorrow, he generally wins against us but we have hit him in the past.

Just forget about the series, all I care is that we dont get swept.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
its tough..i agree he hasnt been that great a manager, but i like ozzie a lot. i think thats how a lot of people feel, we agree hes not that good of a manager, but we all like him

What is the point of having him on the team if he isn't a good manager? It's his god damn job.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:57 PM)
Of course not, but you have to wait closer to the deadline. If we trade them now, our attendance will be cut in half for next year. Here's the scary part....this team doesn't have just a few holes to fill for the next two years. There's only 5 or 6 guys on the entire roster right now who we can be sure will be here for 2009. Our window is all but closed for being a WS contender. It will be hard to get too upset if we have to rebuild for a few years, as we've been a consistent over .500 team for a long stretch.

Well realistically, of course we do. And I won't be mad for that. But when we are still around .500 and out of it in late July, we better sell off a ton of parts or else I'm going ape s***. Today just confirmed the should be firesale is now unavoidable.

QUOTE(beck72 @ May 19, 2007 -> 05:57 PM)
The biggest thing is the sox failed to win a series after winning their last 4 even after playing bad ball. But blow the whole team up?! Give me a break

Yeah, and all that has lead us to the gaudy record of 8-6 in our last 14, and tomorrow's pitching matchup screams 8-7. Means nothing.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
Its frustrating I know, but what did we all expect one of the better offensive teams in the league vs the worst. If you were expecting our hitting to light them up your out of your mind.

Our starters did their job, not gonna argue that, the bullpen has made mistakes. With few managerial mistakes.

Not to mention the Cubs staff have been a surprise this season, their rotation has been consistent.

Best we can hope for is to get to Big Z tomorrow, he generally wins against us but we have hit him in the past.

Just forget about the series, all I care is that we dont get swept.

What?!!!!!!!!

It's JASON f***ING MARQUIS. However lucky he's been so far, this guy is not a good pitcher. I will always and everywhere expect any team to light him up like it's Christmas, until he can sustain this s*** for at least ONE season.

Times like this make me question wether or not if its worth investing so much interest into a team.Very dissappointing to lose to the same team that has been imploding every chance they have got against other teams, yet against us you just new they were going to find a way to beat us.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 19, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
if the sox get swept, the only thing to do is to admit that the cubs destroyed the sox. :huh

I'll just be like "the bullpen sucks". To be honest, Cubs fans, at least ones that I respect (all two of them maybe) act like they don't care about baseball anymore as a way to justify not admitting the Sox won the 2005 WS.

lets just give up now... i mean, no team could be doing so terrible at this point in the season and make the playoffs right...especially in such a great division!!!

Twins Record on May 19, 2006:

Minnesota 18 24 .429 9.5

Who won the division last year again?

your right...doesnt matter.... lets just give up now

I'll again clarify that we can't realistically blow this whole thing up until July. What i'm saying is nothing is going to change between now and the last 2 weeks of July, thus if the whole thing isn't blown up from Ozzie to most of the veterans, than I will begin to question Kenny's job status as well. This is not working, something has to change.

A firesale hurts this team for a lot longer than you guys think. Sure it gives you some talent, that may or may not help you. But a fire sale will kill attendance. A fire sale + cubs doing well will bury it. It will taper off later this year. If we are fielding a rebuilding team next year, they will see less renewals on the ticket plans. And without that revenue, the salary of our team will drop. Its a vicious circle.

Hopefully they can turn this around.

QUOTE(kramer99 @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
lets just give up now... i mean, no team could be doing so terrible at this point in the season and make the playoffs right...especially in such a great division!!!

Minnesota 18 24 .429 9.5

Do you except us to pull Johan Santana and 7 players having career years at the dish at the same time, along with a lights out bullpen and 2nd half swoon from the 2 teams ahead of us? I love when people go to the retard past examples though, "OMG THE CUBS CAN WIN, HOUSTON CAME BACK FROM 10 BACK IN 2004!!!!11111111"

QUOTE(kramer99 @ May 19, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)

Minnesota 18 24 .429 9.5

You almost prove the point of this thread though (no matter how impulsive I think it is). The Twins made some changes to their roster, and basically kicked off two veterans and added some life to their team. The Twins also had an amazing bullpen that probably blew less saves all year than we have in the first 1/4 of this season.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
A firesale hurts this team for a lot longer than you guys think. Sure it gives you some talent, that may or may not help you. But a fire sale will kill attendance. A fire sale + cubs doing well will bury it. It will taper off later this year. If we are fielding a rebuilding team next year, they will see less renewals on the ticket plans. And without that revenue, the salary of our team will drop. Its a vicious circle.

Losing also kills attendance

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)

So what do we do, keep the veterans we have for a ton of money and continue to be mediocre? If you want to win another World Series, we have to sell off parts, because we can't tweak what we have and win anything.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 19, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)

And people are relying on our minor league coaches developing the players into being ready to contribute at the MLB level.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
Losing also kills attendance

The attendance will die off within the next 3 weeks at the rate we are going on the field anyways.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 19, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
And people are relying on our minor league coaches developing the players into being ready to contribute at the MLB level.

Blow the whole f***ing thing up isn't just Ozzie and players, it goes deeper than that. Kenny and his cronies are next on the hit list if things don't happen within the next few months.