5/20 Games

whitesoxfan101

Charlotte (18-24) pitches Gavin Floyd (1-2, 3.74) against Toledo (20-23) and Dennis Tankersley (3-2, 3.88) at 1 PM

Birmingham (19-24) sends Jack Egbert (3-3, 3.23) against Montgomery (23-20) and James Houser (2-0, 2.93) at 2 PM

Winston-Salem and Kannapolis both have the day off.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 20, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
I am thinking about getting the MiLB.tv subscription. Is it worth it?

I was thinking about getting it, but in the end I didn't. I mean, how much are you really going to use it? Most of the minor league games take place when the Sox games are going on, so even if you have the MiLB game on your computer and the Sox game on your TV, how much attention are you really going to spend watching the computer?

Also, I don't think the quality is very good. The camera view from CF is (usually) from a lower spot than the CF batting eye in most major league spots.

That being said, I don't think it's terribly expensive, and if you believe that you'll actually make use of it, then why not?

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
Two more walks for Fields today. OBP up to .372 with a BA around .250. Is he learning plate discipline, or is this just a side-effect of Andy Gonzalez hitting cleanup?

fieldsbb.jpg

I hope it's the former, but it could be because of the later.

Birmingham lost 5-1, but more important is Getz was in the lineup, but somebody walked for him in the top of the 1st. It occured in the top of the 1st, so I assume maybe Getz fouled one off himself funny or something like that to get knocked out of the game. Hope he's alright. Egbert gave up 6 hits, 2 walks, and 4 runs (but only 2 were earned) and had 6 k's, and Hernandez gave up a solo HR and had 2 k's in 2 innings. Offense was silent once again.

Charlotte lost 9-3. Floyd could not keep the ball down and looked awful, and his line reflected that (4.1 IP, 6 hits, 3 k's, no walks, 4 runs earned, 80 pitches), and Babula and Pollock were bad in relief. Fields was 2 for 3 with a run and 2 walks, he's really heating up. Owens 1 for 5 with a k, Pedro Lopez had a solo homer for a 1 for 5 night, Anderson 1 for 4 with a k, and Rogowski and Young finally did something, Rogowski 2 for 4 with 2 k's, a double, and run, and Young 2 for 5 with an RBI double.

Not a sox player.... but it's minor leagues so...

Matt Kemp continues his douchery

Baseball America Dodgers correspondent Tony Jackson reports on a fight between Dodgers prospects Matt Kemp and Delwyn Young that occurred before Thursday night’s game at Portland.

Both Triple-A Las Vegas players were apparently suspended one game each for the altercation. This isn’t the first time Kemp has been involved in such a situation, as he got into it last May while at Double-A Jacksonville in a game at Birmingham, where then-Barons manager Chris Cron pulled his team from the field after the seventh inning.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking about getting it, but in the end I didn't. I mean, how much are you really going to use it? Most of the minor league games take place when the Sox games are going on, so even if you have the MiLB game on your computer and the Sox game on your TV, how much attention are you really going to spend watching the computer?

Also, I don't think the quality is very good. The camera view from CF is (usually) from a lower spot than the CF batting eye in most major league spots.

That being said, I don't think it's terribly expensive, and if you believe that you'll actually make use of it, then why not?

Because Soxtalk is filled with established minor league scouts who have worked all over the place. From subscribing to Baseball America or looking up some College or Spring Training stats on The Baseball Cube.

:P

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 21, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
Not a sox player.... but it's minor leagues so...

Matt Kemp continues his douchery

He's turning into the 2nd coming of Elijah Dukes, which is a shame because he has a LOT of talent.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 21, 2007 -> 07:35 AM)
He's turning into the 2nd coming of Elijah Dukes, which is a shame because he has a LOT of talent.

That's a little darastic, don't you think? Dukes is a scary ass man. I'd be afraid just ot ask him for an autograph. He'd probably pull a knife out. :o

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 21, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
That's a little darastic, don't you think? Dukes is a scary ass man. I'd be afraid just ot ask him for an autograph. He'd probably pull a knife out. :o

Well, Kemp got in a fight with his own teammate and was a large reason why the Barons were pulled from the field, and you don't think he's scary?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 22, 2007 -> 04:01 AM)
Well, Kemp got in a fight with his own teammate and was a large reason why the Barons were pulled from the field, and you don't think he's scary?

Now, I am not saying Kemp is a nice guy or anything, but if I was getting seated somewhere and the only two spots were open were by Kemps and Dukes, I'd choice to sit next to Kemp.

Also, Kemp doesn't have any drug history like Dukes, right?

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 22, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
Now, I am not saying Kemp is a nice guy or anything, but if I was getting seated somewhere and the only two spots were open were by Kemps and Dukes, I'd choice to sit next to Kemp.

Also, Kemp doesn't have any drug history like Dukes, right?

Considering you have never actually met either of the guys thats a pretty dumb statement :bang

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 22, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
No, I'd never want to meet Dukes. He picks fights with his own family most likely.

Again you have read prob 2-3 articles about him and have no idea what kind of person he really is if you get to know him. He might be a scumbag, and if i was able to pick any one person in the MLB it wouldnt be him. But you make a lot of comments about someone that you have no clue about. Its different from Bonds because Bonds is in the media spotlight everyday giving you a little bit more idea to see the kind of person he is. Still someone who judges Bonds just solely what they see on TV is an equally ignorant person.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 23, 2007 -> 01:50 AM)
Again you have read prob 2-3 articles about him and have no idea what kind of person he really is if you get to know him. He might be a scumbag, and if i was able to pick any one person in the MLB it wouldnt be him. But you make a lot of comments about someone that you have no clue about. Its different from Bonds because Bonds is in the media spotlight everyday giving you a little bit more idea to see the kind of person he is. Still someone who judges Bonds just solely what they see on TV is an equally ignorant person.

As friends with someone that was around Dukes for 2 years, he's got a worse attitude than people give him credit for.

Just go through the lists of news concerning bad activities for each player.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...MLB&id=1251

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...MLB&id=4123

Besides for this incident with Young, which doesn't seem to be serious at all, and the one last year, he has been pretty much clean. But Dukes has been involved with plenty of fights, and drug charges.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
As friends with someone that was around Dukes for 2 years, he's got a worse attitude than people give him credit for.

So, did you ever meet Dukes, or did your firend just know him?

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 23, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)
Just go through the lists of news concerning bad activities for each player.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...MLB&id=1251

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...MLB&id=4123

Besides for this incident with Young, which doesn't seem to be serious at all, and the one last year, he has been pretty much clean. But Dukes has been involved with plenty of fights, and drug charges.

So, did you ever meet Dukes, or did your firend just know him?

My friend was around him for every Durham home game....he used to tell me horror stories about him prior to his troubles being reported in the media.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
My friend was around him for every Durham home game....he used to tell me horror stories about him prior to his troubles being reported in the media.

Has he met him while Dukes has been in the majors though? I havent heard anything about him being a cancer in the devilrays clubhouse.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 23, 2007 -> 03:26 AM)
Has he met him while Dukes has been in the majors though? I havent heard anything about him being a cancer in the devilrays clubhouse.

Nothing to do with him this year....I do know that Tampa called up Upton last year simply to get him away from Dukes.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 22, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
No, I'd never want to meet Dukes. He picks fights with his own family most likely.

I yell at my brother. I have in the past. Am I a bad person?

Besides that, it's something you're assuming. For what reasons, I'm not sure, but it's ridiculous that you say that without knowing the guy. He may be an asshole, but so is Kemp, and quite frankly, I want nothing to do with either in the White Sox organization.

I have never met him, but I have heard nothing but bad, bad things about him.

I have hardly heard anything ever bad about Kemp. That fight that happened the other day is sad to be a minor one, and that him and Young have settled whatever their dispute is.

Kemp just is very firey, IMO. Dukes is almost like a Ricky Williams or Maurice Clarret if you ask me.