Sun Times vs. Ozzie

tonyho7476

Is it me, or is the Sun Times lobbying for the firing of Ozzie Guillen. Non-stop mentions all weekend of the stupid call to Mike North and how his act is old...blah, blah, blah. Whether he is the best manager or worst manager, people here think both, he won the only World Series in this town in the last 100 years. So I don't really care about whether he swore on the Mike North show and called Mariottia a f***ing f** last year. But it seems that Telander, Mariotti, and Couch are all against him. Thoughts? Anyone care? I don't know. Its monday, and I'm bored.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 21, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
Is it me, or is the Sun Times lobbying for the firing of Ozzie Guillen. Non-stop mentions all weekend of the stupid call to Mike North and how his act is old...blah, blah, blah. Whether he is the best manager or worst manager, people here think both, he won the only World Series in this town in the last 100 years. So I don't really care about whether he swore on the Mike North show and called Mariottia a f***ing f** last year. But it seems that Telander, Mariotti, and Couch are all against him. Thoughts? Anyone care? I don't know. Its monday, and I'm bored.

I don't know. Seems to me like Telender and Deluca have been rather supportive...almost telling people to lay off the guy.

Guillen's lip schtick least of Sox' worries

You say Ozzie swears too much? No $#*!

Obviously, Mariotti's irrational cries for Ozzie's head seem to overshadow the other columnists take on the situation, but what else is new. Hell, lately I can't tell the difference between Mariotti and a SoxTalk poster.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 21, 2007 -> 08:57 AM)
I don't know. Seems to me like Telender and Deluca have been rather supportive...almost telling people to lay off the guy.

Guillen's lip schtick least of Sox' worries

You say Ozzie swears too much? No $#*!

Yeah, not Telander...Couch and Mariotti over the weekend made a big fuss...especially mariotti, but that is expected.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 21, 2007 -> 08:58 AM)
Couch wants to be the next Marriotti.

No doubt. His columns follow the exact same formula, and he is usually a week late on his declarations

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 21, 2007 -> 09:04 AM)
No doubt. His columns follow the exact same formula, and he is usually a week late on his declarations

Yeah this goes back to last year. A mini Marriotti It also seemed to me Marriotti was ripping on some fellow columnists.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 21, 2007 -> 09:12 AM)
Yeah this goes back to last year. A mini Marriotti It also seemed to me Marriotti was ripping on some fellow columnists.

Couch was Mariottis biggest supporter during F**-gate last year. Couch still mentions it as much as Mariotti does.

Mariotti rips on anyone that makes his argument convenient. He is playing the part of a sympathizer to Mike North, but just a few weeks ago he was talking about how North is garbage.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)
The Sun Times is a borderline tabloid rag, which will say anything about anyone to sell a few more newspapers. Seriously, I don't know why anyone would waste fifty cents on that thing.

I enjoy Telander, Ebert, DeLuca, Steinberg, Mulligan, and a few other regular columnists. And they do a pretty good job of covering local news outside of Chicago. they have their jackasses that do nothing but reinforce the tabloid image, but they do have their merits as well.