Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
What is the difference between the elite and the premium? and dont throw numbers at me I dont know what that means, I need it explained out

Sonik summed it up in a post above. It has the largest hard drive (120 Gigs) so you can store a lot of files/downloads from Xbox Live on it. The HD is like 4-5 times bigger than the premium. Has a black wireless controller and a cable to connect it to high def televisions and get you the best picture you can out of it.

Also, if the price drops Sonik posted are true it will be the same price as a regular Xbox premium is right now.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
What is the difference between the elite and the premium? and dont throw numbers at me I dont know what that means, I need it explained out

see my post above

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
Man, I LOVE Guitar Hero..

Anyone else here play it? I just recently found this video of what the new Rock Band game is going to be like and it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with a group of friends, get drunk and just go nuts with it.. should be badass, although wonder what the price will be considering all that comes with it..

It's only 200$ for the whole thing. Yeah, only.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
see my post above

Youre post was useless to me..

I know that its black, I know it had more GB.. all you did was explain color differences and the HD size, which I already knew, but didnt understand exactly what that meant..

Which is why I asked for a new clarification

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
I would say the 120GB is worth it only if you are going to buy and download movies/tv shows/music. If not, 20GB is plenty for demos and saved games.

Much appreciated, I somewhat understand it now

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
For those of you with a 360, a demo of NCAA 08 was released. I'm very impressed.

I love it. It runs so smooth and gone are the days when you knew a certain animation would get you 3 more yards.

I read there will be an announcement about Haze tomorrow at e3. Rumors are that they will announce it as a PS3 exclusive. For those of you who don't know, Haze is being hyped up to be the next Halo.

Also, I saw the new demos for Call of Duty 4, looks awesome. It will be strange to play call of duty and have the time set in the present instead of the past.

I heard that PS3 was going to get a big-time exclusive that was a previous multi-console game. Haze immediately came to mind to me as well. And I wouldn't call it the next Halo, it will be better than that. Well, TimeSplitters 2 is probably the best FPS to ever grace consoles, and this is being made by the same people(Who also made GoldenEye and Perfect Dark).

Gears of War coming to the ps3... more reason for me not to get a 360.

Gears of War for the pc will have:

5 new single player chapters, new multiplayer arenas, a new multiplayer mode, new achievements

I hope they won't have xbox 360 users be able to download that and instead try and get some more money by having them have to buy the computer version.

I already have a ps3. I was thinking about a 360, but since their good games will be coming to pc, I might just upgrade my computer instead. It works fast and has 180 GB of memory. I'd just upgrade the video card and probably get a wide screen monitor. Plus, I will be upgrading to vista sometime soon.

will there be a demo for NCAA 08 for the ps3? I know xbox users got one.

B>W, since you seem to be the go-to guy for everything Wii, is there anything I should know features wise about the Wii besides the obvious playing of games? For example, is there anything online related with the Wii, do I have to sign up for anything (ala X-Box Live), and if I do, is it worth signing up for?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 06:47 AM)
B>W, since you seem to be the go-to guy for everything Wii, is there anything I should know features wise about the Wii besides the obvious playing of games? For example, is there anything online related with the Wii, do I have to sign up for anything (ala X-Box Live), and if I do, is it worth signing up for?

Nothing to sign-up for. Everything is free right out of the box. The Wii doesn't have many online games right now but I figure that should change by the end of the year. The other online features include a weather channel, an internet browser, a news channel, and a shop channel(Download all the classic games and other things here). There's a couple other kind of gimmicky channels too. Good thing is that they are are always going to be adding new channels it seems.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 05:56 AM)
Nothing to sign-up for. Everything is free right out of the box. The Wii doesn't have many online games right now but I figure that should change by the end of the year. The other online features include a weather channel, an internet browser, a news channel, and a shop channel(Download all the classic games and other things here). There's a couple other kind of gimmicky channels too. Good thing is that they are are always going to be adding new channels it seems.

Ugh -- I just saw in the instruction manual that if you don't have a wireless connection, you have to buy an adapter? That's a bummer...