Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 05:07 AM)
Just got a PS3 with the 80 gig and Motorstorm so I could have Madden on HD.

Its hard to judge on the first day because your just nto as used to the game paly so it always seems foreign.

The graphics on MOtorstorm are pretty sweet though.

Get Resistance. Or did it come with it?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 04:45 AM)
Get Resistance. Or did it come with it?

You're the only one who has posted about Super Mario Strikers -- is it worth buying? I generally only want games for the Wii that can be played with more than one person ala Mario Party and Super Smash. Mario Strikers sounds like it can be in that same category.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 05:53 AM)
You're the only one who has posted about Super Mario Strikers -- is it worth buying? I generally only want games for the Wii that can be played with more than one person ala Mario Party and Super Smash. Mario Strikers sounds like it can be in that same category.

It's one of the best games I've bought over the years, and I have quite the collection. Seriously, it's awesome. I usually don't buy games that are light on content, but I don't care about it with this one. Multiplayer can get insanely intense and the online play is even better.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
Another Wii related question...

I'm eventually going to buy four controllers (I have two right now). Is it crucial to buy the nun-chuck add-on along with all the other controllers?

I would say so, yeah. I got 4 controllers, but only 2 nunchucks. It's pointless, because the multiplayer games I have require both. Not sure about multiplayer games like Mario Party or Warioware though. I don't have those. The only multiplayer game I have that is good with 4 Wiimotes is Bomberman '93 from the virtual console.

Bioshock is getting some crazy scores:

oxm uk 10 / 10

pc gamer uk 95 / 100

pc zone 96 / 100

eurogamer 10 / 10

gamer.tv 5 / 5

game informer 10 / 10

ap magazine 5 / 5

computers & video games 9.5 / 10

gamepro 10 / 10

1up 10 / 10

xbox world 94 / 100

gamespy 5 / 5

console and gameworld 99 / 100

Bioshock is going to be an amazing game! It's really too bad that it comes out the day before my school starts. Otherwise i'd be up all night! I'm so f***ing pumped for this game!

edit: Oh and IGN gave Bioshock a 9.7 out of 10. :headbang

Edited by Sonik22

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
I have no idea what my comp's specs are, but any chance it runs on a 4 year old computer that was pretty top of the line at the time?

perhaps. It's tough to tell without knowing the exact specs but 4 years ago isn't that long ago, and last time I checked there really hasn't been any real major break through in computers.

Man, OT here, but 4 years ago was only 2003... Time has been flying.

So I bought a PS3 yesterday along with Madden. I have to say Im not that happy with Madden this year. The controls are different and its missing some little features I liked like being able to create players after you start a dynasty and training camp drills before the season to improve your players attributes. Im sure it will grow on me once I get the hang of it though.

My question is, Im looking to get another game and I was wondering what anybody with a PS3 thought would be a good game to buy. I generally only like sports titles but Im open to anything that is good. So far Im leaning towards Fight Night Round 3.

Any other suggestions?

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
So I bought a PS3 yesterday along with Madden. I have to say Im not that happy with Madden this year. The controls are different and its missing some little features I liked like being able to create players after you start a dynasty and training camp drills before the season to improve your players attributes. Im sure it will grow on me once I get the hang of it though.

My question is, Im looking to get another game and I was wondering what anybody with a PS3 thought would be a good game to buy. I generally only like sports titles but Im open to anything that is good. So far Im leaning towards Fight Night Round 3.

Any other suggestions?

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

Resistance

I was thinking about getting that one but Ive never really liked first person shooters. I also dont like playing online very much so I wasnt sure if I would like it. Is this game fun in the story single player mode? Is it hard to control? Would someone who has never really liked first person shooters like it?

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
Bioshock looks absolutely ridiculous. As soon as I'm back in the states, thats a must buy.

Played the demo the other day and it is ridiculous. Very fun. Crazy Graphics. All the sites are giving it good reviews as well.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
I just played a game of madden online vs. a guy 24-1... lets just say he is now 24-2. Beat him 52-27...

I played the #48 in the world guy and his record was around 150-30. I lost by a field goal! I threw 5 picks with Rexy.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
I played the #48 in the world guy and his record was around 150-30. I lost by a field goal! I threw 5 picks with Rexy.

at least the games realistic

dun dun chaaaaaaaa

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
I just played a game of madden online vs. a guy 24-1... lets just say he is now 24-2. Beat him 52-27...

He must have played a bunch of chumps. Im 10-1 so far. I like using the Lions or Saints, love both offenses and their playbooks.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 11:39 PM)
He must have played a bunch of chumps. Im 10-1 so far. I like using the Lions or Saints, love both offenses and their playbooks.

yeah, he wasn't really that good. I'm 2-1. Should be 3-0, but the 1st game I played I was just shaking out the cobwebs.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)

some people just have no life. In 1 week of being out, the guy has already played 180 games. I bet he's a virgin.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
some people just have no life. In 1 week of being out, the guy has already played 180 games. I bet he's a virgin.

I was just gonna say the same thing. I was reading the thread and I saw his record and the first thought that popped in my head was that it must be last years Madden. I mean, I like Madden as much as the next guy but I couldnt imagine playing that many games in such a short time.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
at least the games realistic

dun dun chaaaaaaaa

So the Dolphins must miss the playoffs every year in dynasty? :P

Edited by Brian