Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

Anyone been playing the new Metroid?

I'm a metroid novice, but since the wii is kind of lacking in the good game category I had to go out and get it. It seems fun so far, and the graphic's are great for a wii game, but I'm pathetically bad when in combat, I can't even beat the first boss right now.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just watching something on Haze, and man does the game look sick. Winter for me is basically going to consist of Haze and CoD4.

And in Madden, I have been in some sort of horrible slump. I have lost 7 out of my last 9 to now make my record 10-10 online.

Played my first game online, against who I can only assume to be Tedd Ginn Jr. The guy was 6 levels above me and had won a lot, but he only ran 2 offensive plays basicaly the whole game?? Is this how people usually play? Also he only passed...

I on the other hand played with the Eagles and Freakbrook, ran for 142 and won 29-3 (he quit at 27-3 when it was 4-41 on his own 1 with like 2:41 to go).

Online is strange to me, also I think my wireless was lagging a little cause I couldnt kick at all, and usually im golden.

Judging from what I'm reading, Lair turned out to be a flop because of un-responsive controls despite good graphics/story and occasional good parts. Too bad, it sounded like an awesome premise.

Also, it sounds like Warhawk is a must-own for PS3 owners, assuming of course that you can play online.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 11:48 PM)
Played my first game online, against who I can only assume to be Tedd Ginn Jr. The guy was 6 levels above me and had won a lot, but he only ran 2 offensive plays basicaly the whole game?? Is this how people usually play? Also he only passed...

I on the other hand played with the Eagles and Freakbrook, ran for 142 and won 29-3 (he quit at 27-3 when it was 4-41 on his own 1 with like 2:41 to go).

Online is strange to me, also I think my wireless was lagging a little cause I couldnt kick at all, and usually im golden.

I think everybody is a little choppy kicking when you play online. I know what you mean about the competition online. Ive played about 10 games and every game I won the opponent had quit before the game was over.

I dont know if you ever play with the Bears but seriously returning kicks with Hester is insane. I managed to get 2 punts and 1 kickoff for tds in 1game.

I play with the Bears in franchise, im just worried about online having a really horrible offense. I picked up a loss on a disconnect (power surge before the kick off), so im 2-1 and have only given up 1 TD (a pick off returned for 90+ yards). My defense has been good, my offense not so much.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)
I play with the Bears in franchise, im just worried about online having a really horrible offense. I picked up a loss on a disconnect (power surge before the kick off), so im 2-1 and have only given up 1 TD (a pick off returned for 90+ yards). My defense has been good, my offense not so much.

The offense isnt really that bad if you know how to maneuver in the pocket. I always start Olsen and make Hester the slot receiver. He normally has a linebacker or safety on him and is open a lot and he surprisingly catches well. I experimented a little with Leak for the scrambling aspect but Im not sure its worth it yet.

Also like I said, and I cant stress it enough, they actually managed to portray Hesters return skills and how they can effect a game. It gets to the point where they wont kick to him.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 01:22 AM)
Judging from what I'm reading, Lair turned out to be a flop because of un-responsive controls despite good graphics/story and occasional good parts. Too bad, it sounded like an awesome premise.

Also, it sounds like Warhawk is a must-own for PS3 owners, assuming of course that you can play online.

i was about to buy that game, then saw the review....it wasn't too kind, so i backed off. Heard Heavenly Sword was not up to expectations also. No horrible comments, i just heard that game could be better.

Recent successes for the PS3 though are Warhawk and DiRT. DiRT looks good, I might check that game out as my first racing game, Nascar 08 was a piece of s***....I should have looked at it's rating before i bought it. Need For Speed doesn't come out for over a month. Then GT5 comes out next year. :angry:

Alright

I think I am about to actually go and get a 360 after months of procrastinating..

For those who have gotten one recently, have you had any problems with it? I heard that the newer ones aren't supposed to have problems anymore, so I wanna check that out..

I dont have the money to get a PS3 now because I am lazy and really don't want to work, so I just wanna know for those who own an XBOX if you think that if I picked up a new one now I should be fine in terms of it crapping out and is it even really worth it..

QUOTE(Shadows @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)
Alright

I think I am about to actually go and get a 360 after months of procrastinating..

For those who have gotten one recently, have you had any problems with it? I heard that the newer ones aren't supposed to have problems anymore, so I wanna check that out..

I dont have the money to get a PS3 now because I am lazy and really don't want to work, so I just wanna know for those who own an XBOX if you think that if I picked up a new one now I should be fine in terms of it crapping out and is it even really worth it..

To guarantee your getting the one thats supposed to not have problems, with the new chip and third heatsink, get the HDMI premium.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
i was about to buy that game, then saw the review....it wasn't too kind, so i backed off. Heard Heavenly Sword was not up to expectations also. No horrible comments, i just heard that game could be better.

Recent successes for the PS3 though are Warhawk and DiRT. DiRT looks good, I might check that game out as my first racing game, Nascar 08 was a piece of s***....I should have looked at it's rating before i bought it. Need For Speed doesn't come out for over a month. Then GT5 comes out next year. :angry:

Dirt's meant to have SICK graphics, and an awesome presentation menu. Been getting good reviews as well, although apparently the physics of handling the car aren't 100% realistic.

If you wait a couple weeks, the cheaper (non Premium ones) will also have HDMI. I just had to return mine from Costco as it never worked right (had some disc error issues) but I haven't heard of anyone else I know having problems (and mine had started from day one).

Oh and the Xbox comes with a really strong warranty now (thanks to those early f'ups) so even if something does happen its covered.

Alright I bought an XBOX 360 Elite, Madden, NCAA, and another controller..

All went well with it tonight, I think it was a solid investment.. too bad my apartment internet must be crap because it wouldn't let me connect to the internet, thats alright though I don't really care about that

Also

Am I suppose to unplug the adapter? (The big rectangle looking thing)

After I turned off the 360 the little orange light was still on on the adapter, I don't want it to burn out or something.. so I was wondering if I am supposed to unplug it or let it be

QUOTE(Shadows @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 02:15 AM)
Also

Am I suppose to unplug the adapter? (The big rectangle looking thing)

After I turned off the 360 the little orange light was still on on the adapter, I don't want it to burn out or something.. so I was wondering if I am supposed to unplug it or let it be

Leave it, that just means there's still a charge in it and the light will go off.

Anyone pick up NHL 08? I just bought it for PS3 and it looks great. The game itself is hard to pick up if you use the new control scheme (you can choose classic if youd like). However, i can see with practice that you'll be able to do a ton with this skill stick. Code for new jerseys hasnt been released yet which is frustrating. Its cool how they have AHL teams and players in it though. Overall i think this is going to be a good game. i'm already glad i bought it. The new goalie mode is really fun too for something different.

BAH.

I just got Madden 08 for my laptop. I have Windows Vista installed, and everytime I attempt a kick the game basically freezes. Apparently after doing some research a lot of other people have been having the same problem.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
Man, I wish I could get my internet connection to work so I can add a loss to all of your Madden records

Getting online with Madden is good to update rosters and stuff. Id make sure youre just not behind a firewall. Im assuming you have high speed internet