Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

I bought RAMPAGE: TOTAL DESTRUCTION last night for the Wii. It's fun, though not as much fun as it was when I was 12. But you can play up to 4 people, which is why we got it, and the price was only $20. I also really like all of the different characters you can unlock.

I really want to get THE BIGS. Anybody get that for the Wii?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
I bought RAMPAGE: TOTAL DESTRUCTION last night for the Wii. It's fun, though not as much fun as it was when I was 12. But you can play up to 4 people, which is why we got it, and the price was only $20. I also really like all of the different characters you can unlock.

I really want to get THE BIGS. Anybody get that for the Wii?

I loved Rampage on the N64. Couple questions:

1) I heard the N64 version is included as is the NES or SNES version. Is this true? Or Maybe it's an unlockable.

2) Can you use the GCN controllers for it or does they have to be Wii controllers?

I think I might pick up the GCN version but the Wii version had a couple extras so I'm not sure.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 15, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
I loved Rampage on the N64. Couple questions:

1) I heard the N64 version is included as is the NES or SNES version. Is this true? Or Maybe it's an unlockable.

2) Can you use the GCN controllers for it or does they have to be Wii controllers?

I think I might pick up the GCN version but the Wii version had a couple extras so I'm not sure.

1) Yup, there is a "Bonus" section on the beginning screens. Go there and you will find the original Rampage and Rampage: World Tour there. Game Spot is a little harsh on the game, but if you know you like Rampage, then the $20 price is good. I would never pay the Wii standard game price of $50 for it though.

2) I don't think the GC controllers will work. Definitley not for the new versions, as it relies on the Wii specific moves such as sweeping your controller from left to right to scoop up the people and cars. I haven't tried the old versions of the games with my GC controllers, but since the game is played in the Wii form (unlike GC games that show up as "Game Cube") and shows you how to hold the Wii controller, I don't think you can use the GC.

What is the price of it in Game Cube form? If it is anywhere close to the Wii price, I would get the Wii version.

You have to hole the Wiimote sideways like you to with the Mario Paper game for the old versions, btw.

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)
Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars is awesome i was on the beta and the demo came out on the 10th its great

also

TF2 looks great.

Just got done playing a game of TF1. Been playing for about ten years now. Maybe my favorite game ever. It's been one long ass wait for TF2, so it better live up to expectations.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 14, 2007 -> 07:29 PM)
Getting online with Madden is good to update rosters and stuff. Id make sure youre just not behind a firewall. Im assuming you have high speed internet

Yeah we have high speed internet I believe, and it said it connected and it went like two things down on the check before failing one which I dont remember what it was called..

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 08:53 AM)
i played 07 to death last year with my roomate. Once you get used to the stick controls, it makes a world of difference.

We'll have to look into getting 08

08 is way better (and I loved 07). I haven't gotten the full version but the demo was sweet. The puck physics are a lot better and the goalies are improved (less cheap goals).

QUOTE(Shadows @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
Yeah we have high speed internet I believe, and it said it connected and it went like two things down on the check before failing one which I dont remember what it was called..

You just have ot go into the internet settings and essentially tell it to connect to your wireless network (I assume you are on wireless). Once you do it once, it will be auto ready for whenever you want to go onto xbox live in the future.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 11:05 AM)
You just have ot go into the internet settings and essentially tell it to connect to your wireless network (I assume you are on wireless). Once you do it once, it will be auto ready for whenever you want to go onto xbox live in the future.

No wireless, plugs into the wall..

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Anyone pick up NHL 08? I just bought it for PS3 and it looks great. The game itself is hard to pick up if you use the new control scheme (you can choose classic if youd like). However, i can see with practice that you'll be able to do a ton with this skill stick. Code for new jerseys hasnt been released yet which is frustrating. Its cool how they have AHL teams and players in it though. Overall i think this is going to be a good game. i'm already glad i bought it. The new goalie mode is really fun too for something different.

To ask a stupid question, do they make these games for the PS2 anymore or are they all new consoles only?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
So what's really the quality difference between a PS2 and PS3 for, say, NHL2K8?

The PS2 version likely won't have some of the features the PS3 version does; I know in NCAA Football 08, the XBox was almost a regurgiation of NCAA 07, whereas the 08 version brought in a ton of new features, such as a deeper recruiting engine, high school playoffs, and a completely different feel when it came to the game itself.

That, and the graphics will obviously be worse.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
The PS2 version likely won't have some of the features the PS3 version does; I know in NCAA Football 08, the XBox was almost a regurgiation of NCAA 07, whereas the 08 version brought in a ton of new features, such as a deeper recruiting engine, high school playoffs, and a completely different feel when it came to the game itself.

That, and the graphics will obviously be worse.

The graphics are obviously worse, however I would sure appreciate spring training individual drills in the 360 version.. Also, why the hell cant they add all the uniforms? The current gen systems have all the uniform choices yet we are stuck with TWO choices for every team on 360.. really wastes some badass looking uni options

Must say....critics were really harsh on Lair(they really liked everything about the game but the controls got to them so they gave the game a poor review). Wasn't a hard time developing the 6-axis skills, I have no trouble controlling the game. I give the game 8/10 so far.

I also bought DiRT. I agree about this games 8.5 rating critics give it. I really enjoy this game.

Bought Heavenly Sword but yet to play it.

Oblivion is an extreme RPG that will take me a long time to finish, so i'll probably pick it up here and there to play it. Really superb game though....wish i had the time and devotion for it.

Bought and sold NBA 2k7, MLB the Show 07, Enchanted Arms(horrible game, didn't get past the first 15 min), NASCAR 07 or 08(whatever the new one is, it really wasn't that good)

all games I've own/ed:

MLB the show-7/10

NBA 2k7-7/10

Enchanted Arms-2/10

NASCAR-5/10

DiRT-8/10

Lair-8/10

Oblivion-10/10

Heavenly Sword-N/A

Edited by TheBlackSox8

I f'ing hate madden. Last week I went on a BS losing streak online in the game with BS fumbles and just everything not going my way. So yesterday I decide to test my luck online once again, and when it looks like I have a good shot at taking the lead at half time and get the ball back, f***ing online disconnects me, I get my first DNF. I was tempted to throw my PS3 through my big screen, but then I thought about all the money that would have wasted.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 22, 2007 -> 06:14 AM)
I f'ing hate madden. Last week I went on a BS losing streak online in the game with BS fumbles and just everything not going my way. So yesterday I decide to test my luck online once again, and when it looks like I have a good shot at taking the lead at half time and get the ball back, f***ing online disconnects me, I get my first DNF. I was tempted to throw my PS3 through my big screen, but then I thought about all the money that would have wasted.

I was having similar problems with the fumbling, especially with Hester and Benson. I started holding down R1 before contact and it almost completely solved the problem except on a few rare instances. R1 is to cover the ball with both arms. If you ever want to practice online we can play some unrated games if you want.

Does it make you envious if I tell you I'm about half way done with Halo 3 already? It was delivered to me today(Saturday). And before you say "Yeah whatever, it doesnt come out until Tuesday." I will say that it was a Pontiac "Be the first to own Halo 3" contest.

yesterday I was playing another game of madden, winning 21-3 in the 4th quarter and about to score again... and guess what, I get freaking disconnected! Get another BS loss to my record and some more BS DNF%... So f'n gay.

Hey Drunkbomber, post your psn or something so we could play sometime. My PSN is MPB.